Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Sunday, January 23, 2022

Saturday 1-22 DI Green's Monthly A2 Dance & Taking Down the Christmas Tree

 

Awesome Day

We had an awesome day of doing this and that.

We started the day out by going to town to go grocery shopping and picking up our mail. We did our grocery shopping at HEB. We use to shop here all the time. Since Covid happened we started shopping at Walmart because the Curbside service was free and HEB charged. Then we signed up for Walmart home delivery, this was very convenient. Today we went to HEB because there are some HEB branded products we like. We noticed some of their meat products are cheaper per pound. The store was much busier than Walmart. After doing our shopping we went to the UPS Store to pick up our mail, it has been about two weeks.

On the way home we stopped by Little Bohemian Bakery for a cinnamon roll for breakfast. We like their cinnamon rolls, they are delicious and huge, we share one. We hadn't been there in over two years. You use to be able to go inside and they sometimes have rolls from the day before at half price. Now you can only use the drive thru. 

Cinnamon roll we shared

After putting everything away. I played my games. I did the Solitaire and Mahjong Daily Challenges and the Event: Free Cell Mini of 5 games. It took me 11 minutes and 23 seconds, which put me in 18th place in my group.

Larry started a paper project.

After lunch I decided to take down our Christmas tree and put away the other Christmas decorations. It took me an hour and half. I put the boxes in the garage. After the dance Larry helped me put the decorations in the attic.

We attended Di Green's Monthly A2 dance at 2:00 for two hours. This month Di invited Loren Smith, Terry McCann and Betsy Gotta to join her in calling the dance. She had two breakout rooms. The A room was for two couple tips and the B was for two couples with four couples moves. During the first half hour we had 26 participants in the A room where Betsy called two tips. Then Larry and I moved to the B room for an hour with between 16 to 19 participants. We danced two tips with Loren, Betsy and Di calling. The last half hour everyone returned to the A room. Loren and Terry closed out the dance calling a tip a piece with 26 participants. We did very well after not dancing virtually for over two weeks. We had a great time.

Participates in the dance

For dinner I made Sweet Teriyaki Pork Skewers. In the evening we finished the third season of Broadchurch. Then I continued watching the 4th season of Father Brown. While watching television I did some laundry and my steps. I ended up doing 29,000 steps, which put me in 4th place in my group. 

 

Sweet Teriyaki Pork Skewers

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth