Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Tuesday 1-4 Hiking Shinnery Ridge Nature Trail & More

 

Hiking with friends

We woke up to another cool morning with the temperature of 32 degrees. The wind came up in the afternoon. By dinnertime it was 66 degrees. 

I made pancakes for breakfast. Afterwards we went on a three hour hike for about 5 miles. We started at the Reflectory on the Bosque Trail. We hiked the trail over the dam to the tent campground. From there we took the main road .25 mile to the Shinnery Ridge Trail (red trail), it was a nature trail 1.5 miles loop. It was very easy and wide. There wasn't any roots in the trail and it weaved through a forest. It had a few benches for people to rest and enjoy the scenery. The trail was well maintained. The hardest part of the hike was walking the main road because it was very steep. When we got back to the tent campground we picked up the Bosque Trail to Little Forest Junior Trail. It was a short .8 mile loop. Then we went back on the Bosque Trail to Little Springs Trail. We finished off the hike by hiking Little Springs Trail for .7 mile loop. This trail took us back to the campground. While hiking we saw a huge crane and one lady hiking the trails. We had a very peaceful hike. 

The crane we saw fly into the tree

By the time we got home it was time for lunch.

After lunch I played my games. I did the Solitaire and Mahjong Daily Challenges and the Event: Two Game Tango Mini of 10 games (5 Pyramid and 5 Tri Peaks). It took me 28 minutes and 21 secods, which put me in 6th place in my group. 

Larry spent the rest of the day reading. He finished one book and started another.

In the afternoon I walked the Little Springs Trail five times, which was 1.5 hours. I was going to do another lap but I fell. I didn't get hurt but I figured I was getting tired so it was time to stop. When I got home I played Sudoku games.

After dinner I walked around the campground for a half hour to get my steps. I ended up doing 27,500 steps, which put me in 3rd place in my group.

We had another super day at Meridian State Park.   

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth