Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Saturday, January 22, 2022

Friday 1-21 Home & Trip Summary

We're home

After spending 11 wonderful nights at three different state parks (Lake Tawakoni, Bonham and Tyler) we're home. We got home a little after noon. We unloaded the Minnie and put things away. Larry turned on the heater and water to the house. Then he set up the computer we had taken with us on the trip. He copied the pictures I took during the trip on our other computer. While we were gone our main computer had installed some updates and rebooted, it was also giving us a message about updating to Windows 11, actually it has been giving us a message about that for a long time so Larry let it do the upgrade.

After lunch I did my Solitaire and Mahjong Daily Challenges and the Event: Two Game Tango Mini of 10 games (5 Klondike and 5 Tri Peaks). It took me 48 minutes and 39 seconds, which put me in 23rd place in my group.

Afterwards we went to Michael's to pick up some glitter paper for his next crafting project. When we got back from town we started watching some YouTube videos we follow. 

In the evening we started watching the third season of Broadchurch on PBS. Then I finished the 3rd season of Father Brown and started watching the 4th season. While relaxing in front of the television I did my steps, which was 28,500. This put me in 5th place in my group.

Relaxing in front of the television

Our trip summary: it started on Sunday 1/10/22 and ended Friday 1/21/22. We visited three state parks, hiked 35 miles, drove 550 miles and had a great time.

Everyday Larry read. I read a couple of books, played my computer games and did my steps.

First was Lake Tawakoni in the Plains & Lakes section of the state parks. We stayed there three nights from 1/10/22 to 1/12/22. During our stay we hiked the trails for the total of 18 miles. I walked around the campground and the White Deer Nature Trail for an hour a day , which gave me a total of 9 miles. We had morning temperatures in low 40s and the high in the low 70s.

Camping at Lake Tawakoni State Park

 

Lake Tawakoni

Larry resting during a hike

Lake Tawakoni hiking trails

 Second was Bonham State Park in the Prairie & Lakes section of the state park. It was built by the CCC. We stayed there for three nights from 1/13/22 to 1/15/22. During our stay we hiked the trails for the total of 10 miles. I walked around the campground and .5 of the Lake for 3 miles. We only hiked two of the days because the last day it was freezing, the temperature was 30 degrees with the wind out of the north blowing 20-30 mph with gust to 40+, which made it feel like 19 degrees. I hiked the Lake Loop and Gnarly Root Trail for 3 miles this day but it wasn't fun.

 

Bonham State Park welcome sign

Camping on lake at Bonham state park

Standing by a CCC picnic table

 

A meeting place built by the CCC

The park headquarter another CCC building

 

 Workers removing a down tree off the hiking trail

Third was Tyler State Park in the Pinewood section of the state parks. It located 10 miles from Tyler Texas and was built by the CCC. We stayed there 1/16/22 to 1/20/22 for 5 nights. During our stay we hiked the B Loop, C Loop, D Loop and A Loop trails for the total of 16 miles. I hiked the Lakeshore Trail 6 times for the total of 12.5 miles. I walked around the camping area to get my steps. We didn't hike the last day because it was cold, the temperature stayed just above freezing with a strong north wind.

Moon rising on Tyler Lake 

Tyler State Park welcome sign

 

Lakeshore trail

 

Boardwalk on the Lakeshore trail

Controlled burn area on the B Loop trail

 

Turtle enjoying the lake

Still burning

 

Shelter at Tyler state park

 

Forest

 

Sunrise on Tyler Lake

We had a super trip.



 


 

 





No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth