Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Monday, January 3, 2022

Friday 1-2 Return Visit to Meridian State Park

Meridian State Park entrance sign

We woke up to a brisk morning with the temperature in the low 20s and wind out of the north/west.

Brr, it's cold

We started the day out by finishing getting the Minnie ready for a six day camping trip. It didn't take long, about fifteen minutes. Then I cleaned the bathrooms and vacuumed the house.

 

Cleaning the house

Larry turned off the water in the house and made sure all the outside water spickets were covered. I brought in the bird feeder. Then we had lunch.

At noon we started our adventure. First we stopped and filled the Minnie with gas. Larry pumped the gas. He such a man, he had to suffer the cold wind. 

Afterwards we were back on the road. Our first destination was Meridian State Park. We were there just about a year ago. It is 68 miles from the house and was built by the CCC during the Great Depression in 1933-1934. The drive was mainly two lane highways. It took us an hour and a half to get there.

When we arrived Larry went inside the office and checked in. The campground name is Crosstimbers, it is right by the office. We're going to stay here for three nights. We found our site and Larry plugged us in. Then we relaxed a little bit. 

Afterwards we went for an hour walk. We picked a trail at the campground called Little Springs, it's a  moderate .7 mile loop that goes up and down but not very steep. The trail weaved through trees and we had to hike over tree roots and rocks. The trail was very well maintained. When we got to a trail sign we took a cutoff trail. The trail took us to the main road at the CCC bridge. We crossed the road and got on the Bosque Trail. We walked this trail to the CCC Refectory and the lake. I took a few pictures. Then we walked the main road from the Refectory back to the campground. As we walked we saw a couple with a dog and another couple hiking. We had a very nice walk.

 

Camping in Crosstimbers Campground

 

Meridian Lake

Larry standing by the CCC Reflectory

Little Springs Trail

I do the Solitaire and Mahjong Daily Challenges before I go to bed every night. After our walk I did the Event: Easy Street of 30 games. It took me 1 hour, 15 minutes and 59 seconds, which put me in 13th place in my group. I played some Sudoku games.

Larry read the rest of the day.

Before dinner I walked around for about an hour. I walked the Little Springs Trail three times to get some of my steps in. After dinner I walked around the campground for a half hour. During my last walk I saw a few deer. 


Sunset on Meridian Lake

The deer checking me out

Because of the cold I didn't get my daily goal of 26,000 steps but I did do 23,000 steps, which put me in 4th place in my group for the week with 190,000 steps.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth