Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, January 13, 2022

Wednesday 1-12 More Hiking

 

Camping at Lake Tawakoni 

We woke up to a cool morning of 44 degrees and a lite wind. I'm so glad we have power. Hiked mostly the same trails as yesterday, Larry hiked a bit over 8 miles while I was closer to 12.

We had pancakes for breakfast. Then we went on a two hour and fifteen minute hike for 5 miles. We did the same trails as yesterday except we went the opposite direction. While walking to the trail we saw three deer by the Pair o Tree pond. As we looped around we saw four more deer in the trees. We could hardly see them because in the wintertime their coat changes to a gray color and they blend in with the trees. We were back by 10:30. We had a super hike.

After lunch I played the Event: Solitaire World Tour of 30 games. It took me 2 hours, 6 minutes and 26 seconds, which put me in 6th place in my group. After dinner I did the Solitaire and Mahjong Daily Challenges.

After doing the Solitaire World Tour games I went on an hour walk/hike. I walked around the camping loop and White Deer Nature Trail three times. While I was walking the trail I met a lady and her dog. He was very friendly. When I got back Larry and I did another hour walk/hike. We did the same trails as we did yesterday afternoon but hiked them the opposite direction. While we were hiking the trails we met the same lady and her dog that I met earlier. We also saw a few deer on the trails. One wasn't scared until we got almost close enough to touch it. Then she ran through the trees.  We walked around the beach out to the point and around the picnic area. When we got to the amphitheater we hiked the Farkleberry Nature Trail of .5 mile to the Y. Then we turned around and took it back to the day area. Then we picked up the bridge that took us back to the Minnie.

By the time we got home I had done 28,500 steps, which put me in 3rd place in my group. After resting for a few minutes I barbecued sausage links for dinner. After dinner I went over and took a shower. It was a good shower. We spent the rest of the evening relaxing with a book. LIFE IS GOOD!!!        

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth