Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Monday, January 24, 2022

Sunday 1-23 Concert, Puzzle, Crafting & Dancing

 

Having fun

We had a wonderful day. We kept busy having fun. 

Larry started the day off by making cinnamon French toast sticks for breakfast.

Afterwards he finished up a paper project.

I started out doing my computer games. I did the Solitaire and Mahjong Daily challenges and the Event: Two Game Tango Mini of 10 games (5 Free Cell and 5 Pyramid). It took me 36 minutes and 45 seconds, which put me in 12th place in my group. Then I finished my laundry. 


 

Doing laundry

Louise bought me three small jigsaw puzzles for my birthday. I haven't done a jigsaw puzzle for about two years because Larry has been using the dining room table for his crafting. I don't mind at all. Well, I really didn't have anything going on so I decided to do the colorful eggs puzzle, it is 300 pieces. Out came the card table and a piece of card-board to build the puzzle on. Once I setup the table I dumped the pieces on the board. I separated the frame pieces from the rest. Then I put the frame together and started filling in the frame. It took me about five hours to complete. 

Finished puzzle

 

The pieces 

 

The frame 14.5 x 11

Larry found out that Tom Paxton was having a live concert with Cathy Fink & Marcy Marxer. The concert was available via the internet, it was at 2:00 today. It was a great concert, they sang a lot of songs they wrote over the last two years. Cathy and Tom get together once a week when they can and write songs. We have quite a few CD's of Tom Paxton and we have always enjoyed his music. We had not previously listened to Cathy Fink and Marcy Marxer. In between each song they talked. Alex Lacquement played the bass and harmonica and was very good. Kimber Ludiker accompanied them on the fiddle and mandolin. Cathy played different guitars and a banjo. Marcy played different sizes of banjos, baseboard and guitars. Tom played the guitar and a kazoo. It was very entertaining for two hours.

 

Tom Paxton

 

Kimber, Marcy, Cathy and Tom

 

Kimber and Marcy

 

Tom and Alex

 

Cathy Fink

 

Alex Lacquement

In the evening we attended Loren Smith Weekly A2/C1 dance at 7:30. Loren changed his dance format, starting tonight he's going to call 3 A2 tips, 2 C1 teach tips and 2 C1 tips. During the A2 tips we had 26 participants, C1 teach tips we had 29 participants and C1 tips we had 18 participants. It had been a long time since we had danced to Loren on Sunday nights. We had an outstanding time.

After the dance we started to watch the 2nd season of All Creatures Great & Small on PBS. Then I continued watching the 4th season of Father Brown. I ended up doing 27,500 steps, which put me in 5th place in my group for the week with a total of 191,331 steps.  

   

  


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth