Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Tuesday 1-18 Hiking C & D Loops & Lake Shore Trail

Sunrise over the lake

This morning I woke up at 7:00 just in time to see the sunrise. I just couldn't sleep any more. Last night I went to bed earlier than usual because Larry had to sleep on the couch because of his elbow and I didn't want to disturb him. 

Last night Larry thought due to his arm we would probably head home today but this morning he said it had improved a bit so he wanted to stay and try to hike.

This morning the temperature was 44 degrees with a lite breeze. The high was 70 degrees with wind out of the south of 5-15 mph. It was perfect for a hike.

After breakfast we went on 4.25 mile hike. We hiked on the C Loop for 1.5 miles and the D Loop for 2.2 miles. Larry and I both wore gloves and I wore a lite jacket. Neither the gloves or jacket stayed on because once we started hiking it starts to warm up. We picked up the C Loop at the dump station and went to the right. There wasn't a trail sign so Larry had to get out the map. During the hike we went up and down hills through the forest. The trails were covered with pine needles which made it nice to walk on. We did have to watch the tree roots. We hiked to the Northwoods Picnic Pavilion. Larry had to use the All-trails app. on his phone to see where we should go because there was no sign to point you to the trail. They did have a nice big map showing you all the trails. In fact there were three different trails. We had to hike up a steep power line road to get to the trail. the road took us by Cedar Point Camping Area. Once on top of the hill we found a fallen tree to rest on. It was very soft but worked out great. After our rest we continued.  We saw a couple of nice benches in memory of Jan Wood and David Madser. We were suppose to see the CCC Rock Dam but we never did. As we were hiking a section of the D Loop a lady was jogging with three dogs. We waited for her to go by but she said she would just cut down the side of the hill because she didn't want to disturb us. We had a great hike through the forest.    

Benches in memory of Jan Wood

 

Northwoods Picnic Pavilion

 

The forest

By the time got home it was lunchtime. After lunch I did my Solitaire Event: Pyramid Adventure of 20 games. It took me 2 hours, 3 minutes and 21 seconds to complete, which put me 8th place in my group.

After I finished I went on a hike/walk around the lake twice. During my walk I met two ladies who were walking their children. One had a child on her back and the other had a child in a stroller. I thought that it had to be tough pushing a stroller considering the trail isn't flat. As I hiked I saw a couple fishing boats on the lake and two paddle boats with one person in each fishing. As I walked through the beach area I saw a couple enjoying the afternoon sun. At the playground in the day area I saw a mother with two young children and a lab. On the second lap the family was walking on the beach. As I was walking over the lake using a small bridge I saw two turtles in the lake. When I went by the park store there we no one there. When I was walking their the loop next to us the two mothers were finishing up their hike. They made it around the lake. I had a great walk.

After resting for a half hour I walked around the camping area to get my steps. I ended up doing 28,000 steps, which put me in 6th place in my group.

While I was walking Larry was reading. He also extended our stay at Tyler State Park for two more nights because there is a lot of hiking to do. 

In the evening I did the Solitaire and Mahjong Daily Challenges. Then I read a bit. We had a beautiful day.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth