Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Monday 1-3 Hiking Bosque Trail & Little Forest Junior Trail

Lets go hiking

We woke up to a cold morning of 21 degrees. Both of our small electric heater were running on low and the temperature inside was in the mid 60's. Larry turned one of them to high and temperature slowly increased, he had the thermostat set to 71. When I got up a couple hours later the heaters were still trying to keep up. The high today was 56 degrees. Perfect camping weather.

After getting dressed I made mini waffles for breakfast. After eating we went on a two hour hike for 4 miles. We walked down to the CCC Reflectory and picked up the Bosque Trail (blue). The trail took us over the CCC Dam and around the lake for 2.2 miles. We picked up the Little Forest Junior Trail (yellow) for .8 mile. Then we took the cutoff trail to the Little Spring Trail (orange). We hiked the trail because it was .7 miles. Then we went back to the Minnie. The trails took us through the trees and the tent sites. We crossed over creeks using bridges. As we hiked we had to watch out for tree roots and rocks. Some places we had to climb up some steep hills. We used some rock steps made by the CCC and other places we just used rocks. There was one place we had to go down hill and it was steep. We used a cable that was there for safety, it helped a lot. We saw magnificent views of the lake. We stopped at a point of interest called Bee Ledge, where people carved their names in the limestone. When we got to the tent area we stopped to rest and look at the lake. There wasn't any wind so the lake was flat. We had a super hike.

 

CCC Steps 


CCC Reflectory

 

Carving your name at Bee Ledge
 

Larry climbing down the hill using the cable

Trail entrance at the tent campground

Meridian Lake and shelters from the tent campground

After lunch we went on another hike for and hour and a half for 2.75 miles. We hiked the Bosque Trail for 2.2 miles and part of the Little Spring Trail. We were almost finished with the hike when we saw the bird watching blind. The small pond was dry and there were no birds. 

 

Bird watching blind

 After the second hike I did my games Solitaire and Mahjong Daily Challenges and the Event: Medium Mayhem Mini of 5 games. It took me 8 minutes and 32 seconds, which put me in 3rd place in my group.

Before dinner I did an hour walk via the Little Springs Trail. I walked it the opposite way I walked it yesterday and I did it four times. 

While I played games and walked Larry sat outside enjoying a beautiful day reading. He finished reading one book and wrote a review. Then he started  reading another book. 

 

Relax with a book

After dinner I walked around the campground for 45 minutes to finished my steps. By the end of the day I had done 29,000 steps, which put me in 2nd place in my group. I spent the rest of evening playing Sudoku games.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth