Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Monday, January 10, 2022

Sunday 1-9 Trip Summary & More

 

Camping Trip

We have been home for a couple of days from a six day camping trip. We visited Meridian State Park and Dinosaur Valley State Park. 

While at Meridian we camped in Crosstimbers Campground for three nights. We did four hikes for the total of 17 miles. We hiked all the trails; 2.2 mile Bosque Trail (blue), that goes around the lake, .8 mile Little Forest Junior Trail (yellow), .7 mile Little Spring Trail (orange) and 1.5 miles Shinnery Ridge Trail (red). During the hikes we went up and down hills and through trees. We had to use a cable to get up one of the hills. We stopped at Bee Ledge, where people carved their names in the limestone. We walked by the CCC Reflector and over the CCC dam. We saw beautiful views of the lake and the surrounding area. Everyday I walked the Little Springs Trail and around the campground to get my steps. Larry read and I played my games.

 

Carving at Bee Ledge

Larry using the cable to go down hill

 

A trail we hiked

 

Larry standing by the CCC Reflector

 

Camping at Meridian State Park

We camped at Dinosaur Valley State Park for two nights. We did two hikes for the total of 10 miles. First was a 5.5 mile hike using the Paluxy River for 1.9 miles, Limestone Ledge Trail for 1.5 miles, Black-capped 2.7 miles and Overlook Trail .5 mile. In order to get to the trailhead we had to cross over the Paluxy River via rocks. During the hike we saw beautiful views of the park. The second day was a 4.5 mile hike. We hiked the Paluxy River for 1 mile to the Horseshoe Equestrian Trail of 2.5 miles. The trail was very easy and went around a open field. We climbed small hills. I walked around the campground to get my steps. The first day we walked around to find the trailheads and the dinosaur tracks. The second day I walked to the park store and the two dinosaurs models.

 

Entrance Sign Dinosaur Valley State Park

 

Blue Hole (swimming hole)

 

Dinosaur track

 

Standing at the Overlook

 

Paluxy River

 

Tyrannosaurusrex

 

Apatosaurus

 

Crossing a ravine via a bridge

 

Back to today. 

We are getting ready to head out on another camping trip so we started the day by going grocery shopping. When we got home I started to load the Minnie for the trip. Larry went online and made reservation at a few state parks. I did laundry. I did the Solitaire and Mahjong Daily Challenges and Event: Easy Street Mini of 15 games. It took me 38 minutes and 2 seconds, which put me in 15th place in my group.

In the evening we watched the 4th season of Wallander on PBS. It's a detective series and this was the final season of it. I have watched the other seasons awhile back. It was a great series. Then I finished watching the 6th and final season of Republic of Doyle. Then I watched an episode of Father Brown. I ended up doing 27,100 steps, which put me in 2nd place in my group for the week with 195,500. 


 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth