Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Sunday, January 9, 2022

Saturday 1-8 Painting & Pizza Party

Having fun with friends

We had a nasty, damp day. It was suppose to clear up by noon but it didn't. The fog rolled in and out all day.

I started the day by playing my games. I did the Solitaire and Mahjong Daily Challenges and the Event: World Tour Mini of 10 games. It took me 32 minutes and 34 seconds, which put me in 10th place in my group.

Ett McAtee scheduled a four hour Zoom session for a group of square dancers to get together and paint their square dancing tee shirt. At 9:30 I setup our card table and got the fabric markers and tee shirts ready for the party at 11:00. Before the party Larry started to play with the fabric markers. He had to put five coats on each square for the color to show up. Years ago Larry painted some shoes for square dancing and he had some of that paint leftover. He got the paint out and started painting. The paint worked out a lot better. 

 

The fabric markers

 

The paint we used

About 20 people were at the party. We had people from Canada, England and the U.S. A couple people showed up but didn't paint; Michael ironed his clothes and Robin just watched. Ann from England said that she paints fabric all the time and she uses paint instead of markers. Everyone had their own style of painting. Some people wanted to paint the tee to look real but this is very difficult. We just colored the squares and made sure that a square and a circle had the same color. The participants only painted the front side of the tee shirt. Ett will schedule another day to do the back side. After we finished we had our pizza. We had a super time.

 

Terry, Brian, Carol and Di from England

 

Ett painting her tee shirt

 

Deborah from Florida

 

Jane and Morley from Canada

 

Dawn from Canada finished blue tee shirt 

 

Larry finished orange tee shirt

 

Ett painting on a green tee shirt

 

Jane paint job on gray tee shirt

 

Di paint job on yellow tee shirt

 

Rising Crust Four Meat Pizza

After the party we watched YouTube videos. I baked a loaf of bread.

In the evening we finished watching the 2nd season of Broadchurch. Then I continued watching the 6th season of Republic of Doyle. I ended up doing 28,000 steps, which put me in 2nd place in my group.

     

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth