Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, January 27, 2022

Wednesday 1-26 Rotating Tires on the Minnie


Beautiful Day

We had a beautiful day with a lot of sunshine. It was cool with a breeze out of the east. It got up to 50 degrees.

I started the day out by playing my games. I did the Solitaire and Mahjong Daily Challenges and the Event: Klondike Adventure of 20 games. It took me 1 hour, 2 minutes and 46 seconds, which put me in 17th place in my group.

Larry found another crafting project to do. He decided to make a steam engine train he found on the Silhouette site. He did not like the design of the wheels so he designed his own and he made the entire thing smaller. He has cut out all the pieces and now it needs assembly.

We attended three virtual dances. First was Di Green and Terry McCann's Weekly Plus at 10:00. I attended the dance by myself. Di and Terry took turns calling the 5 tips. They had 21 participants. It had been a few weeks since I danced by myself so I made a few mistakes. The mistakes were being on the wrong side of the flag pole, which is the center of the square. Di and Terry did an excellent job calling and cueing to get me back in the right place. Also they dance with their backs to us while calling, this helps a lot. I had a fun time.

Second was Dayle Hodge's Weekly A1/A2 at 11:00. He called two tips of A1 and A2 two couples and one tip of full square material. During the A1 tips he had 23 participants, the A2 tips he had 24 participants and the full square tip he had 23 participants. Larry danced with me. We had an awesome hour of dancing to Dayle and friends.

After lunch we went to Discount Tires to get the Minnie's tires rotated. We arrived for our appointment and found out it was yesterday but they fit us in. They put us in a bay but couldn't get the jacks in the correct position to lift the rear of the Minnie so they had Larry move the Minnie outside next to the building where they had more room to work. Two gentlemen worked on rotating the tires. Larry had to explain how he wanted the tires rotated, we have four tires on the back and the inner two have long air valve extensions. Those two need to be rotated side to side, the other four need to be rotated front to back. When they were putting the rear tires back on Larry had to explain which way the wheels go on and show them that there is a pin they have to slide through the wheel, later he also had to explain how to put on the front hub caps, they needed to line the slot in the hubcap with the valve stems in order to get them on. Over the years Larry has had to explain these things to a number of workers. The tire shops go through lots of help so many times the employees have never worked on something like the Minnie. The two gentlemen did a good job and were very friendly. We were in and out in about an hour. We had a good experience.  

The Minnie outside

 

Back tires off

 

Gentleman rotating tires

 

Rotating front tires

 

Minnie in a bay

Our third dance was Dave Eno and Dave Hutchinson's Weekly C1/A2 at 6:30 for two hours. The format was two C1 tips, five A2 tips and one C1 tip. This week Joe Uebelacker joined the Daves and called an A2 tip. The last A2 tip and C1 tip all three callers called together.During the first two C1 tips we had 13 participants, A2 tips we had 17 participants and the last C1 we had 11 participants. Larry danced the first two C1 tips with me. We had a super evening of dancing to Dave Eno, Dave Hutchinson and Joe Uebelacker and square dancing friends.

After the third dance we watched the second episode of the second season of Vienna Blood on PBS. Then I finished watching the fifth season of Father Brown. I ended up doing 28,000 steps, which put me in 3rd place in my group.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth