Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, December 30, 2021

Wednesday 12-29 Dancing and a Surprise Gift

Smile and have fun

We had a super day. 

We started the day out by going to town to do our weekly grocery shopping. First we stopped at the Goodwill Store to drop off a donation. We were surprised that no one was there but the workers. Next we stopped at Dollar Tree, which is now $1.25. We picked up a few items. Then we went across the street to Walmart to finish up our shopping. The final stop was the UPS Store to pick up our mail. On the way home we stopped by Top Donuts to buy donuts for breakfast. 

 

Grocery shopping

While I was putting the groceries away I realized I forgot the hamburger we bought at the store. Larry went back to the store and retrieved the bag I forgot. 

I played the Solitaire and Mahjong Daily Challenges and the Event: Solitaire World Tour. It was a two day event of 30 games. I finished the last game. It took me 8 hours, 6 minutes and 55 seconds to complete the 30 games, which put me in 18th place in my group. 

We attended three virtual square dances. First was Di Green and Terry McCann's Weekly Plus at 10:00. I attended the dance by myself. Di and Terry took turns calling the five tips and we had 21 participants. Di and Terry did a great job of calling. I had a lot of fun.

Second was Ett McAtee's Weekly C1 at 1:00. I attended this dance by myself. Ett called five tips with 22 participants. I had a great time.

Third was Dave Eno and Dave Hutchinson's Weekly C1/A2 at 6:30. The dance format was 2 C1 tips with 13 participants, 5 A2 tips with 17 participants and 1 C1 tips with 11 participants. The Daves took turns calling the tips and the last A2 tip and last C1 tip they called together. Larry danced the C1 tips with me. In between the tips we did Trivia questions. We had a super evening of dancing.

 

Get a partner and dance

While we were relaxing in between the dances we received a text from our neighbor Jason. He asked if we liked pecan pie. Larry texted him back and said "we love pecan pie". After dinner we had a knock on the front door. It was Jason's son delivering a pecan pie to us. The pie was made in Texas and came in a beautiful wooden box. When we received the text we thought they had some leftover pie, we had no idea they would send over an entire pie. What a surprise. Thank you Jason and family.

 

Wooden Pie Box

 

Pecan pie

After the last dance we watched an episode of the 5th season of Shetland. Then I watched two Christmas movies on Amazon. They were The Christmas Dance and Snowbound Christmas. I ended up doing 27,000 steps, which put me in 4th place in my group.

     

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth