Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Tuesday 12-28 Dancing to Di Green & Crafting

 


We had a terrific Tuesday. It got to 79 degrees with a cloud covering.

We attended two virtual square dances with Di Green as the caller. First was Di Green and Terry McCann's Weekly A2 at 10:00. They had 20 participants. They took turns calling five tips. Larry attended the dance with me. We had a great time.

Second was a special C1 Review at 2:30 for an hour and 45 minutes. I attended it by myself. We had 23 participants. Di called 9 tips. She reviewed all the C1 moves that Loren Smith from Canada had taught during his Sunday evening dances. Loren attended the dance and danced with us. I had a super time dancing to Di and with friends.

I played my Solitaire and Mahjong Daily Challenges and the Event: Solitaire World Tour of 30 games. I only did 29 of them and ended up being in 15th place in my group.

While I was dancing and playing games Larry did a little crafting. He made me glasses for the New Year, they came out cute.

 

 

Modeling the New Year glasses

Larry has been cutting his crafting scraps with a straight edge and cutting mat for a long time. He finally broke down and bought a paper cutter. He loves it. He wished he had bought it at the beginning. It's so much easier. It's small, light weight, has simple guides to align your paper and the blade is replaceable. The blade glides across very easily and the cuts are really clean.

 

Paper cutter

In the evening we watched Call The Midwife Christmas special. Then I watched a couple more Christmas movies. They were The Christmas Edition and A Winter Romance. The first one was about an upcoming journalist Jackie finds her life at a crossroads. She finds a small town newspaper in Alaska, that is struggling to survive and decides to help save it. The second one was about Taylor Harris a librarian, who loses her job and moves back to her small hometown in Montana. She helps save her brothers hotel from being sold. While watching television I did my steps. I ended up doing 27,500, which put me in 4th place in my group.      

    

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth