Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, December 2, 2021

Wednesday 12-1 Foggy Morning & Only Camper

Foggy Morning

We woke up to fog with the temperature in high 40s. Other than the camp host we were the only ones camped in Cozy Circle. It was a peaceful day.

We had mini waffles for breakfast. Afterwards we went on a 6.6 mile hike. We started out doing the hike the same as yesterday. We saw deer at the pavilion in the tent area. We hiked to the Roosevelt Cutoff, from there we went the opposite direction because we wanted the hike a section we didn't do yesterday. This section had a lot more trees so much of our walk was on pine needles and leaves, this is what we remember the trail being like years ago. We weren't always in the trees because it had some fire damage. When we walked in the open we saw how the pines were coming back. Today I didn't wear a jacket and I was glad because I was sweating halfway through the hike. We were more than halfway when a gentleman who was running the trail politely let us know he was behind us. We let him pass. When we got to the parking area we stopped and rested. After our rest we continued back. We took the main road for about 2 miles. We could have continued via the trail but we didn't feel like walking through the mud. We had another gorgeous hike.

 

Hiking through the new growth
 

When we got back we rested. Afterwards I made leftovers (enchiladas and salad) for lunch. During the afternoon Larry read and I played my games. I did the Solitaire and Mahjong Daily Challenges and the Event: Spider Mini of 5 games. It took me 13 minutes and 24 seconds, which put me in 9th place in my group. I also did some Sudoku games. I walked around the campground for an hour and a half.

In the evening Larry finished reading his third book. I played Mahjong games. I ended up doing 28,000 steps, which put me in 4th place in my group.     

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth