Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, December 16, 2021

Wednesday 12-15 Trip Summary


We're home after 10 days of camping at three different state parks; Lost Maples, Garner and South Llano River. Our cell phone uses the Verizon network and it did not have service in any of the parks. Fortunately our hot spot, which provides us with internet access is on AT&T, it worked in two of the three parks. For us having internet is more important than our cell phone, however, safety wise a cell phone would be more important.

We camped in Lost Maples State Park for three nights. We did two hikes for a total of 15 miles. The trails were very challenging due to a lot of loose rocks and steep hills. 

We camped in Garner State Park for four nights. Garner is a CCC park, it had some wonderful CCC buildings and CCC trails. We did two hikes for a total of 9.5 miles. Some of the trails were very challenging. 

We camped in South Llano River State Park for three nights. South Llano River is known for the Rio Grande Turkeys Roosting in the park. For many years the roosting area was closed in the fall and winter to the public because they didn't want to disturb the turkeys. But now they open the area up to the public from 10 am to 3 pm and they can hike the trails. We went on two hikes for the total of 13 miles. We saw a lot of armadillos and a few white tail deer. As I walked around I saw a fox, an owl and exotic axis deer. As we we were leaving we saw the an exotic black antelope in the field across the street from the park. We had a super trip.

 

Lost Maples entrance sign

Monkey Rock in Lost Maples

Standing in front of a fishing pond

 

Larry climbing down one of the steep hills in Lost Maples

 

CCC Dance Hall at Garner

 

Cypress trees and the Frio River

 

White Rock Cave - Garner State Park

 

Crystal Cave - Garner State Park

South Llano River

Exotic axis deer

Armadillo


Deer

We got home at 11:15am.

I played my Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong and the Event: Two Game Tango Mini of 10 games (5 Pyramid and 5 Tri Peaks). It took me 1 hour, 28 minutes and 4 seconds, which put me in 31st place in my group. I did some Sudoku. During our trip I played my games on our new computer. It's a cool computer, it has a touch screen and is designed so that you can flip the screen over and use it like a tablet or you can tent it which makes it easy to use for my games. I think I can do my games faster. I move the cards by touching them with my finger and touch where it goes or just drag them.

 

Normal way

Playing games in the tent position

In the evening we watched an episode of Vera. I finished watching the 10th season of Death In Paradise. I ended up doing 28,000 steps, which put me in 2nd place in my group. I also did a few loads of clothes.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth