Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Friday, December 24, 2021

Thursday 12-23 Maintenance on the Minnie

Minnie Project

It was a beautiful cool day with blue skies and a south wind. Normally when we have a south wind it is warm so it was a surprise that it was cool. It got up to 70 degrees.

Larry wanted to change the oil in the Minnie. So we started the day out by taking it for a ride to heat up the oil. 

When we got home Larry backed the Minnie beside the house. He did this just in case he dripped oil and it's better in the gravel and not on the driveway. He changed the oil and filter.

While he was under to hood he checked the belts and hoses, they appear fine. He keeps records of all the maintenance on the Minnie so he went back through them and found it was ten years ago that he replaced both the belts and hoses. Even though they appear fine he will probably go ahead and order new ones. When we travel with the Minnie we are normally in the middle of nowhere and we like to know we have done everything we can to ensure it is mechanically sound.

While Larry changed the oil in the Minnie I wrapped Christmas gifts. I played Solitaire and the Mahjong Daily Challenges and Event: Two Game Tango Mini of 10 games (5 Klondike and 5 Tri Peaks). It took me 50 minutes, which put me in 20th place in my group.

In the evening we continued watching the 1st season of Shetland. Then I watched two Jesse Stone movies (Thin Ice and No Remorse). I ended up doing 28,000 steps, which put me in 2nd place in my group. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth