Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Tuesday 1-5 Another Beautiful Day

 

Camping at McCown Valley Park

We had another beautiful day. We had clear skies with a chilly wind. The temperature started in the low 40's and ended up in the low 60's.

We started the day out having breakfast and then doing a 4 mile hike. We hiked part of the trail we did yesterday except we went right at a Y and hiked a loop trail. At the beginning of the hike we saw eight whitetail deer running along the tree line, they were pretty to see. The loop we hiked followed along the tree line but it was in the open. We had a super hike.

By the time we got back to the Minnie we were tried. Larry tried to sit outside and read but the wind was a bit too cool so he came inside. I did my Daily Challenges and the Event: Tri Peak Mini of 10 games. It took me 48 minutes and 38 seconds to complete, which put me in 17th place in my group. Then I did some Mahjong games. I also worked on my annual book that summarizes many of the activities we do throughout the year. We keep a copy for ourselves and send a few to family.

Before dinner we walked around the campground for 40 minutes. Larry barbecued burgers for dinner. After dinner I walked around the campground for another hour. We had a super day.

 

Another gorgeous sunset on Lake Whitney

One of the shelters you can rent at McCown Valley Park

The playscape at the day area, look at the far right opening it's a mouth of a fish

 I ended up doing 27,000 steps which put me in 1st place in my group with 53,131. I have a Garmin Vivo Fit 2, it keeps track of my steps, calories, miles, step daily goal, it automatically syncs to a database or I can do it manually. Then I go to the Garmin Connect site to check out my data. My personal daily step goal right now is 23,671. A few months ago I accepted a challenge of 175,000 steps a week, which means I need to get 25,000 steps a day. The challenge is computer run and puts you in groups of 10 people. Sometimes you have one or two of the same people in the group. All the participants in the group do about the same amount of daily steps as you do. I check it though out the day to see where I am. I try to be in the top five and if I'm not I do more steps. I get most of my steps by stepping in place while I watch television at night. This just motivates me to get up and do some exercise. I have fun doing it.         

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth