Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Friday, January 29, 2021

Thursday 1-28 Beautiful Day at Meridian Park


 Meridian State Park

We had a beautiful day. It started out at 28 degrees but there was no wind, it got up to the high 40s. By lunchtime the sun went away because the clouds rolled in.

After breakfast we went on a five mile hike for two and a half hours. We started at the CCC Refectory going south on the Bosque Trail over the dam. Then we walked the main road because we wanted to see the CCC Stone Grill. From there we continued to the tent campground and finally we again used the main road to get to the Shinnery Ridge Trail, it is an easy 1.5 mile loop. We walked through trees and over rocks but mainly it was pretty flat. The beginning of the trail was paved for about .25 mile. As we hiked this nature trail we saw some benches to rest on. After completing the trail we walked back to the tent campground via the road and took a rest. While we were there our neighbor with the two Weimaraners came by to visit and we met her dogs. She said she has another two Weimaraners at home. One of the dogs was a long hair Weimaraner. After our visit we continued hiking the Bosque Trail in the opposite direction as yesterday. The trail looked different coming from the opposite direction which is cool to me because you see it differently. We climbed down the step hill by using the cable we saw yesterday. We also saw a beautiful bird watching blind. As you look out the slits there was a pool of water for the birds to use so you can watch them. By the end of the hike we had hiked part of all the trails in the park. On the way back to the Minnie we met another neighbor, the couple had a cute little black dog, that was very friendly. Even though it was about 10 degrees cooler today it didn't feel like it until we got to the lake. We had another super hike.

Bird watching blind

 

The CCC Stone Grill


One of the benches to use while you hike the Shinnery Trail

In the afternoon I did my Daily Challenges and the Event: Two Game Tango Mini (3 Klondike and 3 Pyramid). It took me 19 minutes and 23 seconds to complete. Then I played Mahjong games.

Around 3:30 I did a 45 minute walk around the park. I took the road to the day area and then picked up the trail and walked almost to the tent campground and turned around. As I was walking I saw an armadillo but I couldn't get the camera out in time to take a picture. I had a nice walk I ended up walking a little over 2 miles. 

 

Meridian Lake

The CCC Refectory from the dam

For dinner Larry barbecued Italian sausage links. After dinner we hiked the Little Spring Trail, which was .7 mile loop. Larry went back to the Minnie while I continued walking. I was only going to walk another half hour but I ended up walking 45 minutes. I walked the same way as I did last night but I missed my turn off so I ended up walking the Little Forest Trail, which was .8 mile loop. When I got to the Bee Ledge Overview I realized I was going the wrong way, that was ok since I remembered walking this section of the trails just this morning. I got back to Larry just in time because it was starting to get dark. I ended up doing a little over 3 miles.

 

Sunset on Meridian Lake
 

In the evening we relaxed. Larry finished reading another book and I did my Sudoku games. I ended up doing 28,000 steps, which put me in first place in my group with 108,612 steps for this week so far. We had a wonderful day.   

 

           


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth