Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Monday, January 11, 2021

Sunday 1-10 Beautiful Snow

 

Neighbor kids playing in the snow


Today was very exciting, It snowed all day. This is the first time we have had measurable snow in Central Texas in years. Snow is very rare here.  I don't think the snow will stay around too long because at the house it was 33 degrees at 5:00. This is when the snow stopped. 

I went out a few times to take pictures. I saw the neighbor kids out playing. One family was making snowballs and sliding down the driveway on a homemade sleigh. When I went outside I had to be careful because the snow was slick. Even with the snow steadily coming down it didn't stop a few Cardinals from visiting the feeder. What a beautiful winter day in Belton.

 

Snow at lunchtime


As the day went on the snow started to stick to trees and ground


 Look at all the snow coming down

We spent the day watching the snow coming down. Larry started on his next paper crafting project. I did my Daily Challenges and the Event: Two Game Tango Mini of six games (three Klondike and three Free Cell). It took me 18 minutes and 4 seconds to complete. I did some Sudoku games and Mahjong games. We watched YouTube videos.

For dinner I made chicken chili. 

 

 
Chicken Chili
 

In evening we attended Loren Smith's Weekly A2/C1 virtual dance at 7:30 for an hour and 15 minutes. This week Loren asked Ett McAtee to come and call the dance with him. During the A2 tips we had 43 participants and the C1 tips had 35. Loren called two A2 tips and Ett called one A2. Then Ett did a introduction to C1 tip on Follow Thru. They finished the dance off by each of them calling a C1 tip. We had a great time.   

After the dance I started to watch the first season of Unforgettable on IMDb TV. It's a detective series about a female detective Carrie Wells, who has hyperthymesia. This is a metal condition, where someone can visually remember things in complete detail. So far it's good. I ended up doing 24,000 steps, which put me in third place in my group with 185,716 for the week.    

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth