Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Friday, January 8, 2021

Thursday 1-7 Christmas Tree Coming Down

 

Christmas Tree


It was cool all day with a high of 55 degrees and a wind out of the north. But the skies were clear which gave us a lot of beautiful sunshine.

Our toaster in the Minnie doesn't toast evenly so Larry ordered a new one from Walmart. The order was ready yesterday afternoon but Larry waited until this morning. He got there before 8:00, he also picked up a few things we were getting low on and then went to the UPS Store to get our mail.

Hamilton Beach Toaster
 

A couple of weeks ago Larry bought an embossing machine to use with his paper crafting. Last week he entered a online drawing on a crafting site and guess what, he won an embossing machine, the exact same machine he just bought, too funny. Not sure what he will do with it, probably keep it for a backup. 

 

Sizzix Texture Boutique
 

I started the day out doing the Daily Challenges and the Event: Medium Mayhem of 27 games. It took me 1 hour, 23 minutes and 2 seconds, which put me in 13th place in my group. Then I did some Mahjong games.

We attended three virtual dances. First was Dayle Hodge's Weekly C1 at 11:00 for an hour. We had 36 participates. Dayle invited Chris Jensen from New Mexico to come and call with him. They both called two tips and partly through the fourth tip Dayle joined Chris and they called together. The dance started out a little rough but it ended up being very good. Dayle and Chris did a super job of calling.

The second one was Joachim Ruehenbeck C1 dance at 12:30 for an hour. We had 27 participates. We enjoy dancing to Joachim because he has a camera that shows his wife and him from behind, which gives you a mirror image and can see where you should be. Joachim did a great job of calling.

The third one was Jeremy Butler's Weekly A2/C1 at 6:00 for an hour. For the four A2 tips we had 14 participants and the C1 tip we had 13 participates. Jeremy called some four couple moves which was great that way we won't forget those moves. We had a lot of fun dancing to him.

 


 

Larry has been bugging me to take down the Christmas tree but I said not until January 7th. This morning Dayle Hodge asked when I was going to take down the tree. I told him right after his dance. Did you know when you dance via Zoom if you leave your webcam on everyone can see you and the room you are in? If you don't want them to see you can simply leave the video off. It took me two hours to pack away all my decorations. Larry helped me put the decorations back in the attic. While the tree was up our dance floor had shrunk. Now that the tree is down we have more room to dance. We are glad to get the extra space back.

 After the last dance we watched a couple of episodes of Star Trek: Voyager. Then I started the seventh season of Inspector George Gently. I ended up doing 27,000 steps, which put me in second place in my group.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth