Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Tuesday 1-19 Wet Front

 

Rainy Day

We had a nasty rainy day with no sunshine. The day started out at 64 degrees, by 5:00 pm the temperature had dropped to 48 degrees. Brr, it's chilly.

We're going to have new neighbors and they're putting in a pool. Yesterday and half of today there was a crew of six guys working hard on the pool. What a mess, they were using a machine to spray the inside of the pool with concrete and it created a lot of dust. Today it wasn't that bad because we had light rain. Today they stopped right in time because as soon as the crew was gone the rain came down hard. This front is suppose to stay around for a few days.

 

The formation of the pool

The finished job


More finished work

 

This morning I went back to the Oral Surgeon for a check up to make sure my implant is healing properly. Larry drove me. The waiting room was very busy so the assistant took me back to a room. The doctor came in and said it was healing perfectly, it only took five minutes. My next appointment is in three months to get a cap on the implant.

I did the Daily Challenges and the Event: Tri Peaks Mini of 5 games. It took me 15 minutes and 12 seconds. I didn't do too well I came in 45th place in my group. Today every Solitaire game that is solved your points are doubled. I did some Sudoku games and Mahjong games. 

While I played my games Larry cleaned up his mess from doing his paper project so he can start on a new project. Yesterday Larry made Sunny and layered her. Then he built her a frame. She came out beautiful.



Sunny framed

We attended three virtual square dances. The first one was Dayle Hodge's Weekly Plus at 11:00 for an hour. Dayle called four tips and did an outstanding job. We had 39 participants.

The second one was Di Green and Terry's Weekly A1/A2 Workshop at 1:30 for two hours. Each session was an hour long and there was a fifteen minutes break in between the sessions. During the A1 session we had 45 participants and the A2 session we had 47 participants. Each session Di and Terry called five tips. We had a great time.

The third one was Don Moger's Weekly A2 at 6:00 for an hour and a half. Don called 5 A2 tips and 1 C1 class level tip. During the A2 tips we had 47 participants and the C1 tips we had 41 participants. The fourth tip Don did full square material moves to introduce dancers to phantoms. We had a great evening dancing to Don.

In the evening we watched a documentary called Gordon Lightfoot: If You Can Read My Mind. It was about Gordon Lightfoot's musical life. They interviewed different musicians and Gordon Lightfoot. It was well done. I finished the third season of Unforgettable and started the fourth and final season. I ended up doing 28,000 steps.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth