Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Monday, January 4, 2021

Sunday 1-3 Camping At Lake Whitney

 

Camping

We had a great day with sunshine and a breeze. because of the breeze It started off being really cold but by the end of the day it was warm and beautiful.

I started the day out by finishing getting the Minnie ready for our trip. Then I did my Solitaire games, the Daily Challenges and the Event: Klondike Mini of 5 games. It took me 16 minutes and 40 seconds to complete. I didn't do too good I came in 46th place.

We attended Johnny Preston's Two Couple A2 dance at 12:00 for an hour and a half. The first half hour we had 7 participants and the last half hour we had 11. Today was a busy morning for virtual dancing, Dayle Hodge had an A1 review at 11:00 and Don Moger had a C1 class at 11:00. Hopefully Johnny will get more dancers in the future. Johnny was very well organized. He moved the tips quickly with a few minutes for breaks, he used a timer to ensure breaks didn't stretch too long. He was still struggling with his internet, he would  freeze and have to repeat the calls we didn't get. The dancers tired to help by telling him what other callers did to solve the issue. We had a super time.

After the dance I brought in my birdfeeder and bowls because we're going camping for a few days. We left the house about 1:45. Where are we going? Well let me think. Oh we're going to McCown Park on Lake Whitney. This campground is 75 miles away. It took us about two hours.

Lake Whitney is part of the flood control system of the Brazos River, it has 225 miles of shoreline, 10 Corps of Engineers parks, one state park and three other parks that are manged by Hill County or individuals. McCown Valley Park has 12.5 mile equestrian multi-use trail, that runs along the shores of Lake Whitney. 

After checking in and setting up we went for a walk. We walked about 45 minutes, we found the trail and got familiar with the park. The trail is located at the Equestrian camping area and day use. There are two camping areas for equestrian campers and both have corrals. They are very nice and some of the sites are shaded. We had a pleasant walk. 

After dinner we went for a half hour walk to the day area, the  beach and tent area. The day use area had an outstanding playground, that looked like a castle, which is the Corps of Engineers symbol. We timed our walk perfect because the sun was setting. 

I forgot my camera at home so Larry had to take pictures using the phone. I think they came out great.

 

Standing in front of the playground


Sun setting on Lake Whitney



Bridge going over the lake

We spent the rest of the evening relaxing. I ended up doing 24,000 steps, which put me in 2nd place in my group for the week with 180,698 steps.            

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth