Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Friday, January 15, 2021

Thursday 1-14 Polishing the Kitchen Sink

 


We had a beautiful day with sunshine and the high in the low 60s. In the afternoon the wind came up.

When we built our house in Austin we installed an enameled cast iron kitchen sink. I loved the sink but when we remodeled we went with a stainless steel sink, I did not like it, it was difficult to keep clean and it got scratched, you could never make it look like new. When we built our current house we went back with another enameled cast iron sink. I use Soft Scrub to clean the sink but over the years it had gotten a few scratches and it simply was not as shiny as when it was new. Larry tried cleaning the sink and still was not happy with outcome. He dug out his automotive rubbing compound, a drill and buffing pad and proceeded to polish the entire sink, the scratches are gone and the sink looks brand new, all clean and shiny.

 

Our kitchen sink
 

Larry continues working on paper crafting. He is very happy he bought a Cameo machine last July because it has given him something creative to do and he finds it fun. While he was doing this I did the Daily Challenges and the Event: Two Game Mini of 10 games (5 games of Spider and 5 games of Pyramid). It took me 57 minutes and 3 seconds to complete, which put me 22nd place in my group. I did some Sudoku games and Mahjong.

We attended two virtual square dances. The first was Dayle Hodge's Weekly C1 at 11:00 for an hour. We had 36 participants. Dayle cued throughout the dance. He told us what formation we should be in, which helped me out a lot. We had super hour of dancing to Dayle.

In between dances I took a nap.

The second was Jeremy Butler's Weekly A2/C1 at 6:00 for an hour. We had 27 participants for the four A2 tips and 17 participants for the C1 tip. We had another outstanding evening dancing to Jeremy.

After Jeremy's dance we watched three episodes of Creatures Great & Small on PBS. Then I finished the first season of Unforgettable and started the season season. I ended up doing 30,000 steps, which put me in fifth place in my group with 105,569.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth