Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Sunday, January 31, 2021

Saturday 1-30 Girl Power Dance

 

Awesome day

We had an awesome day. In the morning it was overcast and misted a little bit. But once the clouds went away it was a gorgeous windy day with the temperature in the mid 70s. At the house it got up to 75. Our Echo Show showed it was 82 degrees.

We started the day out by going to town. We stopped at Walmart to pick up a few things for our trip. Next stop was the UPS Store to pick up the mail. On the way home we stopped and bought a few donuts at the new shop by the house.

I did my Daily Challenges and the Event: Easy Street Easy of 5 games. It took me 9 minutes to complete, which put me in 17th place in my group. I did some Mahjong games.

Larry wrote reviews for the three Home Depot Seeds Program items he received. He got three different mats (garage rug, workout mat and rubber flooring). The garage rug fit perfectly under the car. Larry put the workout rug in his workroom and he can now get rid of the throw rugs he has in the room. The rubber flooring will probably go under the boat. 

 

 
Garage rug

 
Workout rug

Rubber flooring

We attended two virtual dances. The first was Don Moger and Ross Howell's C1/C2 at 12:00 for an hour and a half. Don and Ross called three tips of C1 and three tips of C2. We attended the C1 session with 66 participants. Ross called two tips and Don called one. It was challenging and I made a few mistakes but we had a great time.

The second one was Girl Power Plus at 1:00 for two hours. Ett McAtee and Di Green called the dance and Amy Shotting cued the round dancing. The first hour we had 121 participants and the second hour we had 123. Ett and Di called three tips with singing calls and Amy cued two rounds in between the tips. I attended this dance by my self because I have fun doing singing calls. Some of the guys dressed up like girls with square dancing outfits. It was an awesome dance. Everyone laughed and danced.

 


While I danced the Girl Power Dance Larry called Louise. After the dance we watched YouTube videos. I barbecued some seasoned pork and Italian sausage.

In the evening we watched two documentaries on Amazon. The first one was Very Senior, which was about living in Sun City, Arizona. It was a great documentary. The second one was Winona: A Copper Mining Ghost Town. It was about a copper mining town in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and on how it went from a population of 1000+ to 19. It interviewed people, who lived in Winona. It was very well done. Then I finished watching the second season of 19-2. I ended up doing 28,500 steps, which put me in third place in my group with 164,312 steps.      

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth