Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, February 3, 2022

Wednesday 2-2 Freezing Cold and Icy Weather


At 9:00 am the temperature was 55 degrees, which was the high for the day. By noon the temperature started dropping and at 10:00 PM it was 35 degrees. The rain also came in.

For the next couple of day the weather is going to be nasty, it is suppose to remain below freezing for 36-48 hours. At night the temperatures are going to fall into the teens and we are suppose to get a mixture of ice and snow. Last year in February we had ice and snow and were without power for four days. Yesterday the governor said we shouldn't have power outages like we had last year, this year we have plenty of electricity. The power companies winterized their facilities and new rules were put in place. The only power outages will be caused by falling tree limbs due to heavy ice and snow. I hope he's right.

The other day Larry drained the water heater and holding tanks on the Minnie. We have power in the storage center so we setup our small heaters to keep the internal plumbing above freezing. With the new weather forecast Larry decided it might be prudent to go ahead and drain the rest of the plumbing so first thing this morning we went to the storage center and drained the water from the pipes and the water tank. Afterwards we went to the Dollar Tree to pickup a couple of things. Then we stopped at Jack n Jill Donuts and bought a couple of donuts.

We attended three virtual square dances. First was Di Green and Terry McCann's Weekly Plus at 10:00. Di and Terry took turns calling five tips with 22 participants. I danced this dance by myself and had a great time.

Second was Ett McAtee's Weekly C1 at 1:00. Ett was still out of town so Jeremy Butler covered for her. He called five tips with 14 participants. Larry danced with me. We hadn't dance to Jeremy since he went back to calling in person back in November. He called a great dance. Calling is getting more complex these days because the callers are calling to a full square. The dance was really challenging and we had a fun time.

Third was Dave Eno and Dave Hutchinson's Weekly C1/A2 at 6:30. The format was 2 tips of C1 with 14 participants, 5 tips of A2 with 16 participants and 1 tip of C1 with 11 participants. Larry danced with me during the C1 tips. This dance can be very confusing because you don't know if you're doing a full square or two couple square. Sometimes they put us in positions we're not use to being in. Overall I had a good time. In between the tips we visited. 

Dancing with friends

In between the dances I played my games. Solitaire and Mahjong Daily Challenges and Event: Two Game Tango of 20 games (10 Klondike and 10 Spider). It took me 2 hours, 27 minutes and 16 seconds, which put me in 10th place in my group.

While I played games Larry read.

After the last dance we watched the fifth episode of Around the World in 80 Days on PBS. Then I watched the ninth season of Father Brown. I ended up doing 28,000 steps, which put me in 6th place in my group.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth