Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Saturday, February 5, 2022

Friday 2-4 Cold Day, Tee Shirt Touch Up and the Olympics


Hold on 

We had another cold winter day. It started out at 24 degrees with wind. It didn't get out of the 20s until mid afternoon. At 4:30 it was 37 degrees. 

The time and temperature on the Echo Show

When it got out of 20s things started to thaw out. We were relaxing and we heard the snow and ice fall off our neighbor's metal roof. The cold weather didn't keep the birds away but they weren't as active as yesterday.

The snow yesterday

 

Today, snow almost gone

A few days ago Larry suggested I discontinue feeding the deer because they were starting to hang around waiting for food. At times I would have seven deer under the tree. They weren't around yesterday but they did show up today. There was no food under the tree but they still ate the grass. I blow off the porch every night and some seeds get blown in the gravel and grass so maybe they found some seeds. 

I started the day out by playing games. I did the Solitaire and Mahjong Daily Challenges and Event: Hard Road Mini of 5 games. It took me 53 minutes and 44 seconds, which put me in 19th place in my group. Then I finished writing my annual book. Now I will start editing it.

While I played games and worked on my annual book Larry read.

Last month we attended a square dancing tee shirt painting party with Ett. We filled in the boxes on the front of the shirts with different colors. The other day I washed the shirts and in a few areas they needed a bit of touch up. Today we decided to get that done. Ett has scheduled another day later this month to paint the boxes on the back of the shirts.

Tee shirt to touch up

 

Larry having fun painting his tee shirt

We found out that the Winter Olympics were starting and NBC was covering it. We have Peacock (owned by NBC) installed on our FireTV and we can watch some movies and programs for free with commercials, you can pay a monthly fee to remove the commercials. The Olympics are in Beijing and Peacock and NBC are covering it. We wanted to be able to watch more events than what is shown on NBC so Larry changed our Peacock subscription from free to premium for $4.99 a month (we will cancel it after the Olympics). Now we can see lots more of the Olympics and if we miss anything Peacock has replays of all the events. Tonight we watched qualifying for pairs skating, curling and womens freestyle snowboarding.

During the Olympic broadcast one of the commentators mentioned they were not actually in Beijing, due to Covid NBC decided to send as few people to Beijing as possible so most of the commentators are actually covering the Olympics virtually from Connecticut. I am sure they are disappointed about that.

After Larry went to bed I watched an episode of Rosemary & Thyme. Then I went back to watching the Olympics. I ended up doing 27,500 steps, which put me in 3rd place in my group.     

   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth