Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Tuesday 2-15 We're Home

Hold on tight

We got up to 71 degrees with a strong wind out of the south.

We said good-bye to Willis Creek. We had two beautiful days there.

We were home by 10:00. We unloaded the Minnie and after lunch we took her back to storage, we aren't going camping for a week or more. Since our storage is an indoor unit we prefer to park the Minnie there, she is protected from the sun and weather. However she spends many months of the year outside while we are using her.

When we got back from the storage center I played my games. I did the Event: Easy Street of 30 games. It took me 55 minutes and 9 seconds, which put me in 10th place in my group. I also did some of the Mahjong Daily Challenges because while we were camping I forgot to do some of them. Before I go to bed at night I do the Solitaire and Mahjong Daily Challenges.

In the afternoon we watched YouTube videos.

We spent the evening watching the Olympics. While watching them I did my steps. I ended up doing 28,000 steps, which put me in 7th place in my group.

We had a very good day.

Yesterday was Valentine's Day. Louise e-mailed us and said her dog Alice, knows how to write, she sent her a very cute Valentine. Apparently it was similar to the one below.

Valentine's card from Alice

The mail is taking longer. We use to mail something to Round Rock, Austin or Georgetown and it would arrive in one or two days. Now it might take a week to arrive. However if we send something to Tucson the timing is about the same as always, take about five days. The U.S. Post Office made changes to save money and that has slowed down delivery. 

It's not just the post office, it's also Amazon. Amazon has added more distribution centers in the area so sometimes it will take an extra day for us to receive an order. Some items get shipped south of Austin to Kyle and then it goes to Round Rock and then to us. In the past the items that went to Kyle came directly to us without stopping in Round Rock. Sometimes we still get the item in one day. Yesterday, Larry ordered new sheets for the bed and we received them today. Amazon is still great, they have everything and they deliver to your front door.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth