Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Saturday, February 12, 2022

Friday 2-11 Home, Crafting and Relaxing

Welcome sign for Mother Neff State Park

This morning we said good-bye to Mother Neff State Park. We had three great days. During our stay we hiked the trails and enjoyed the campground. The weather was perfect, the high 30s in the morning and low 70s in the afternoon.

On the way home we stopped at the donut shop in Moody for breakfast. We were home by 9:30. I unloaded the refrigerator but not the freezer. I took things in we needed but I left the clothes because we're planning to go back out camping Sunday. We came home for a couple of days because it's almost impossible to get in any state parks on the weekends.

Once at home Larry setup our computer and backed up the pictures files I added. I put things away. Afterwards I played my games. I did the Solitaire and Mahjong Daily Challenges and Event: Free Cell Adventures of 20 games. It took me 2 hours, 48 minutes and 13 seconds, which put me in 12th place in my group. Then I read.

While I was playing games Larry did a paper project.

Larry likes to have oatmeal for breakfast and he likes to add extra brown sugar. We don't use much brown sugar, we store it in a sealed canister but it still got as hard as a rock. Larry has been chipping away at it. He searched around on the internet and found a couple of suggestions for softening it up, you can't always believe everything on the internet but he decided to give one of them a try. Multiple people suggested simply placing a piece of bread in the container and letting it sit for a couple of days, they said it would go back to being as soft as the day you bought it. Before going on our trip Larry put a piece of bread in the container. Today he checked it out. It was amazing, the entire container of brown sugar was soft and moist, the bread was hard. What a wonderful surprise.

When we hike we wear jeans, at times they can be hot and sticky, they also don't stretch so things like climbing up on ledges can be a challenge. We have talked for years about getting actual hiking pants. Larry found some that sound great so he ordered a pair for him and a pair for me. They came in this evening at the UPS Store so off to town we went.  

We got back just in time for me to attend Ett McAtee's Weekly A2/C1 dance at 6:30. This week Ett was busy so she asked Loren Smith to cover for her. Loren called 4 tips of A2 with 30 participants, 1 tip of C1 Teach with 30 participants and 1 tip of C1 with 26 participants. I had a lot of fun.

 


 

When I finished dancing we tried on our hiking pants. Larry's didn't like hows his fit so he tried mine on and they fit perfect. He will return his pants and order another pair. My pair fit me perfect.

After the dance we watched the Olympics. I did my steps, which was 27,000 steps. This put me in 7th place in my group.  

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth