Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Friday, October 1, 2021

Thursday 9-30 Smile and Be Happy

 

Smile and be happy

We had a fun day. 

A front came in about 8:00 in the evening. There was thunder and lighting but only a little rain. By 10:30 the rain was coming down more steady.

 

Keeping dry under an umbrella

Larry continued playing with his Raspberry Pi. He has it setup with a program that prevents most online ads from reaching our devices (computers, tablets, TV streaming devices). It is doing really well at stopping ads on most websites like CNN and the NY Times (we actually subscribe and pay for a online subscription to the NY Times and we were still seeing ads), unfortunately it does not work on YouTube but Larry has other ways to stop those. He has been having a lot of fun learning what it's capable of doing. 

I have been using a online website for years called My Fitness Pal and today I could not get to the site. Larry immediately thought his new Raspberry Pi setup was messing it up so he made some changes and I still could not get to the site. He decided to try getting to the site via our AT&T hotspot which does not use our network and found out the site was simply down. He had been so excited thinking it was his new system and he would be able to fix it by making some change. The site came back up a bit later.

I did the Daily Challenges for Solitaire and Mahjong. I did the Event: Two Game Tango Mini of 10 games (5 Tri Peaks and 5 Pyramid). It took me 1 hour, 15 minutes and 49 seconds, which put me in 23rd place in my group.

I attended two virtual square dances. First was Dayle Hodge's Weekly C1 at 11:00. He called four two couples tips with 15 participants and one four couples tip with 15 participants. Dayle did a great job of calling and helped the dancers get in the right place. I had a fun time.

Second was Jeremy Butler's Weekly A2/C1 at 6:00. He called four tips of A2 and one C1 tip. The fourth tip of A2 Jeremy called four couples moves now and then. The C1 tip he did the same. We had 14 participants during the A2 tips and 11 for the C1 tip. I had a enjoyable hour of dancing to Jeremy and friends.

In between the dances I read.

 

Reading is fun

After Jeremy's dance we watched an documentary on Amazon called Aida's Secrets. It was about two brothers who were separated when they were babies and reunited 50 years later. It was a good documentary. Then I started watching the fourth season of Frankie Drake Mysteries on PBS. I ended up doing 26,500 steps, which put me in 3rd place in my group.

     

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth