Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Sunday, October 3, 2021

Saturday 10-2 Awesome Day - Larry's Elbow Improves

 

 Awesome Day

We had an awesome day.

Larry's elbow/arm/wrist is getting better by the day. When he fell he knew he had hurt something in his elbow but he didn't really think it was too serious. The X-rays and doctor proved he had fractured a bone in the elbow. When he went to the doctor the elbow and arm were quite swollen and a few days later Larry noticed his fingers were also swollen. The first time or two we removed the splint so Larry could shower the arm was still quite swollen, as the swelling reduced he noticed his wrist hurt and was also swollen. Apparently he also injured his wrist but since the arm was so swollen he didn't realize it. The good news is everything is slowly getting better. The last three days he has only been wearing the splint at night when he sleeps. During the day he is able to use the arm and can now even use both hands to type. He had been doing a lot of computer work and it was pretty slow going doing one finger typing. His elbow and wrist can still be painful but he is being very careful with them. The elbow is very stiff and he is trying to stretch it a bit. He has an appointment with a Orthopedic Surgeon on Tuesday and hopes he gets good news from him.

I started the day out by playing my games. I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. Then I did the Event: World Tour Mini of 10 games. It took me 34 minutes and 35 seconds to complete, which put me in 16th place in my group. 

For the past week Larry has worked on and off trying to get an application working that would use Alexa to reboot one of our devices on the 1st of every month. He could not get the program to link to our Alexa account so he emailed the developer of the program, he is located in Portugal and the time difference made communications a bit slow. Anyway this morning Larry was able to get the program to link and he wrote a small routine that will reboot our the Broadlink Router that controls our blinds at 4:15 am on the 1st of every month, it will also send a popup notification telling us that the Router rebooted. Pretty cool. There are all kinds of scheduling options built into Alexa and Larry uses some of them, they will allow you to schedule something to happen every day or any specific day of the week but none of them allowed you to schedule something for only one day of the month.

I spent the afternoon reading. I worked out with the Wii Fit for a half hour. I also did laundry.

 

Working out

 

Doing laundry

Awhile back I blogged that our kitchen sink smelled and we used baking soda, vinegar and boiling water to flush the drains. This works great and got rid of the smell. I also now run the dishwasher at least once a week hoping that will also help to flush the drain. I prefer to wash dishes by hand because it's quicker and uses less water. 

In the evening we watched a documentary on Amazon called Isis, which was about the legendary fashion icon Iris Apfel. Iris is a very interesting person and the documentary was very good. Then I started watching the 20th Season of Silent Witness. I ended up doing 27,000 steps, which put me in 1st place in my group.     

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth