Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Friday, October 8, 2021

Thursday 10-7 Surprise Phone Call


 We had a great day.

We had a phone call from my niece Ashley. We haven't seen her in years and it was such a pleasant surprise to hear from her. We talked to her for a couple of hours. When we lived in Austin she and her family came to visit us multiple times and we have such terrific memories of those visits. We were always impressed with her intelligence and passion. As a young lady in Arizona she earned a college degree, then became a fashion designer, artist and entrepreneur. She has now relocated to Oregon and is building her life there. We were thrilled to hear from her and to know she's doing well.  

I started the day out by doing the Daily Challenges in Solitaire and Mahjong. Then I moved onto the Event: Two Game Tango Mini of 10 games (5 Klondike and 5 Spider). It took me 1 hour, 17 minutes and 40 seconds, which put me in 24th place in my group. I also did a few games in the Star Club in the Wild West section.

I attended two virtual square dances. First was Dayle Hodge's Weekly C1 at 11:00. He called 5 tips; 4 tips of two couples with 17 participants and 1 tip of four couples with 16 participants. Dayle has been calling more complex because he wanted to make it more challenging. I had a super time.

Second was Jeremy Butler's Weekly A2/C1 at 6:00. Jeremy called five tips; 3 tips of two couples A2, one tip of four couples A2 and one C1. During the A2 tips he had 13 participants and the C1 tip he had 10 participants. Jeremy always have a small group but we have a great time. Jeremy does a fantastic job of calling.

 


 

While I danced Larry did another Halloween paper project, a Jack-O-Lantern. The Jack-O-Lantern has arms and legs that can be repositioned, it is very cute.

 

Jack-O-Lantern

Microsoft released Window 11 a couple of days ago. They designed it for newer computers and built it so that it would not load onto older ones. People have already found ways to get around the requirements and install it. Larry downloaded it and while it took him most of the night he was finally able to get around the checks and load it on our backup computer. He will play with it and see what he thinks. Microsoft says they will not support it on older machines and at sometime in the future it may stop receiving security updates. If Larry likes it our primary computer is newer and passes all the checks so he could install it on there.

After Jeremy's dance we watched a cute movie off of Amazon Kids called Cats. I finished all the seasons of Silent Witness, that are available on Acorn so I flipped through some series I have been watching. I found that three more episodes of the 7th season of The Brokenwood Mysteries on Acorn. So I watched two of them. I ended up doing 28,500 steps, which put me in 4th place in my group.

 

Relaxing in front of the television


     

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth