Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, September 30, 2021

Wednesday 9-29 New Toy, Dancing and Groceries

 

 

The rain went away and the sun came out. We had a beautiful day.

Late afternoon we had a doe and fawn come and visit. For many years the lots on both sides of us had been undeveloped and heavily treed, the deer were free to come and go. A year ago the lots were sold and the one on south of us now has a home with a fence. Now the deer have to jump over the fence to do their grazing. Today the doe jumped over the fence but the fawn was too small to jump the fence and too big to squeeze through. It ran back and forth along the fence line trying to figure out how to get to its mother. It finally ran to the other direction. I didn't see if the doe came back but she probably did because she has left the fawn before.

 

Doe and fawn at the corner of the backyard

The fawn eating what's left of my flowers

We started the day out by going to Best Buy to pick up a new toy, a Raspberry Pi. A Raspberry Pi is an inexpensive mini computer that was developed and built by a charity organization with the intent of teaching basic computer science in schools and in developing countries. It was a much larger success than planned, they have now sold more than 40 million of them and are on the fourth version. Each version is a bit more powerful than the previous version but they remain inexpensive. Larry bought a version 2 years ago and used it on a couple of projects, he later sold it via E-bay. For the past week he has been learning Linux, he has loaded three different versions on our old backup laptop but he now has a project that needs a more permanent solution and a Raspberry Pi is perfect, it is inexpensive, runs a stripped down version of Linux  and is very small, about the size of a deck of cards. He spent the day working on his new project.

I attended two virtual square dances. First was Dayle Hodge's Weekly A2 at 11:00. Dayle called four two couples tips and one four couples tip. During two couples tips we had 23 participants and 18 for the four couples tip. I had a great time.

Second was Don Moger's Weekly Workshop at 12:00. Don called five tips with 23 participants. Don worked on Linear Action, Tally Ho, Ramble, Stretch Concepts and other moves dancers were having problem with. I had a super time dancing to Don and with friends.

I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The Event: Hard Road Mini of five games. It took me 42 minutes and 17 seconds, which put me in 23rd place in my group.

I spent the afternoon reading. I finished the second book of John Rawlings Investigates and started the third book, which was Death at the Devil's Tavern. 

We did our weekly grocery shopping online and had them delivered to the front door.

 


 Grocery shopping

In the evening we watched Fields of Dreams on Peacock TV. We hadn't watched this movie in a long time, it is still a good movie. Then I finished watching final season of Goliath. I ended up doing 27,500 steps, which put me in 3rd place in my group.     

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth