Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, October 21, 2021

Wednesday 10-20 Dance Day & Butterflies

Butterflies

Every year up to 500,000 Monarch butterflies migrate to Central Mexico from September to October. They start in southern Canada and the U.S. They arrive at their roosting sites in November and stay throughout the winter. The females lay their eggs and start their migration back in March. No one individual butterfly complete the full cycle. Four generations complete the annual cycle. 

For the last few days we have seeing Monarchs on the wildflowers next door but today there were hundreds of them. We enjoy watching them. I don't think we have ever seen this many at one time.

We attended four virtual square dances. First was Di Green and Terry McCann's Weekly Plus at 10:00. I attended this dance by myself. We had 13 participants. Di and Terry called 5 tips. Everyone had a great time.

Second was Dayle Hodge's Weekly A1/A2 at 11:00, where Jeremy Butler called for him. Jeremy called 2 tips of A1 and A2 two couples with 16 participants and one four couples tips with 14 participants. Larry danced with me. Jeremy did a great job and we had a lot of fun.

Third was Don Moger's Weekly C1 Workshop at 12:00. Don made an announcement saying next week will be the last Wednesday workshop because he's calling live four times a week. He is still going to keep his other two C1 teach dances. Don had 22 participants. He worked on Concentric Concepts and other moves the dancers were having problems with. We spent the hour laughing and having fun dancing with friends and to Don.

Fourth was Dave Eno's Weekly C1/A2 at 6:30. The format was a half hour of C1, one hour and fifteen minutes of A2 and close with one tip of C1. This week Et McAtee and Dave Hutchson covered for him but he was at the dance. The C1 tips had 20 participants and the A2 tips had 24. Dave Hutchson and Ett called the C1 tips. When the A2 tips were called Ett called a tip and both Daves shared a tip with a total of 5 A2 tips and three C1 tips. Larry danced the C1 tips with me and I danced the A2 tips by myself. This was the first time we danced to Dave Hutchson and he is a good caller. It was a fun night.  

 


When we weren't dancing I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. I also did the Event: Two Game Tango Mini of 6 (3 Klondike and 3 Tri Peaks). It took me 11 minutes and 34 seconds, which put me in 27th place in my group. I did a couple of Sudoku games. I couldn't keep my eyes open so I took an hour nap. We watched YouTube videos.

After the last dance we watched an episode of Midsomer Murders. Then I continued watching the second season of Republic of Doyle. I ended up doing 27,500 steps, which put me in 5th place in my group.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth