Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Friday, August 20, 2021

Thursday 8-19 Medicare

 

Hot humid day

We had a humid day with the high of 95 degrees and humidity of 42%. 

I started the day out by doing the Daily Challenges and Event: Two Game Tango Mini of 6 games (3 Tri Peaks and 3 Pyramid). It took me 14 minutes and 21 seconds to complete, which put me in 24th place in my group of 100. I did 24 out of 27 Spider games on the X-Box 20th Anniversary. 

A few weeks ago Larry signed me up for traditional Medicare and a prescription drug plan but he also wants to get a Medicare Supplement Plan. He has done lots of reading but still had questions. He called a lady in Dallas who sells these plans and talked to her for quite some time. At first she just wanted to sell me a plan, she didn't go over any options, just said you want Plan G and wanted Larry to purchase the plan.  Larry explained he really wanted to understand the options. Since he had done lots of reading he had questions. She was very knowledgeable about Medicare and anything he asked she was able to answer. Medicare is different from state to state. In many states including Texas if you sign up for a Supplement Plan during your first six months of Medicare eligibility all companies have to take you regardless of your health. After six months you have to apply using your health history and many people are turned down. If in the future you decide you want to change to a different Supplement Plan you will have to apply using your health history and can be denied. Of course you can still purchase traditional Medicare or a Medicare Advantage program, neither of them can turn you down. 

We were very surprised because The Affordable Care Act did away with this, any plan sold on the Affordable Care Act exchange has to take anyone regardless of health and there are absolutely no health care questions asked.

Some states have also mandated Medicare Supplement plans have to take anyone regardless of health . Seems to me that the Federal Government should require this of any company selling Medicare Supplement Plans. 

Larry will probably purchase a plan from the lady he talked to but since you have to give her all of your Medicare information along with your Social Security Number and lots of other personal information he wanted to check her out, she gave him her insurance license number and he used that via the Texas Department of Insurance website to ensure she was licensed to sell these plans.

We attended two virtual square dances. First was Dayle Hodge's Weekly C1 at 11:00. We danced the four two couples tips with 20 participants. Dayle is starting to call more challenging and put us in positions we're not use to be in. Even though I broke down now and then I still had fun. Larry danced with me. Dayle told Larry that he was very impressed by his paper projects.

Second was Jeremy Butler's Weekly A2/C1 at 6:00. Jeremy called four A2 tips with 11 participants and one C1 with 9. The fourth A2 tip he called full square material and the C1 tip he did the same. We had a super evening of dancing to Jeremy and friends.

 

Having fun square dancing

In the afternoon while Larry continued working on his new paper project, I worked out for 40 minutes with my 2014 Just Dance program.

After Jeremy's dance we watched YouTube videos. I finished watching the 12th Season of Silent Witness. I did 26,500 steps, which put me in 3rd place in my group.  

         

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth