Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Saturday, August 28, 2021

Friday 8-27 Dumas Texas / Texhoma Park (Still in Texas)

 

Beautiful Friday

We had a beautiful day with the temperatures in the low to mid 90's with wind. No 100 degrees yet. Tomorrow should be the last time we see temperatures in the 90's for a bit.

After putting things away and making sure everything was secured we left Hamlin around 8:30. Today Larry drove 275 miles to Dumas, Texas. The drive was two lane and four lane highways through small towns. I spent most of the time napping, I'm like a small child, put me in a vehicle and I'll go to sleep even if I have a great night sleep. We stopped at a roadside picnic area to use our bathroom and stretch our legs. A couple with their dog had the same idea to stop and stretch their legs. We didn't visit but we did wave at each other. Next stop was in Childress to fill the Minnie with gas and to have lunch, I made sandwiches. Our final destination was Dumas, Texas.

We have stayed at Texhoma Park many times. It's a free overnight stay for RVs in a paved parking lot. There is a donation box. Each site has an electric hookup, there is a central water station and dump. There is an area for picnicking, play area for children and bathrooms with running water but no showers. There is also a dog park, 2 fire pit areas and a cornhole game set. There are a few places close by to dine at.

 

Playscape at Texhoma Park

 

Teeter Totter 

 

Spider bars

I did my Daily Challenges and Event: Pyramid Mini of 5 games. It took me 16 minutes to complete, which put me in 40th place in my group. I played Mahjong Daily Challenges and I finished the Pyramid games (10) in the Star Club Xbox 20th Anniversary.

After dinner I walked around Texhoma Park for an hour. As I was walking I saw some of the RV folks enjoying the park and visiting with each other. I saw a couple of local families show up and have a picnic. The children played on the merry-go-round, swings and playscape. Texhoma is a great neighborhood park.

As the evening went on more and more people came in. I think the area was about 80% full.

After I cooled off I did some more steps. I ended up doing 20,000, I missed my daily goal by 5,000 steps. But for the week I had 127,000, which put me in 8th place in my group. We a had a great day.   


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth