Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Sunday, August 8, 2021

Saturday 8-7 Visiting Louise and Alice

 

We had a wonderful day.

A couple of days ago Larry called Louise to see how she was doing. She told him that her internet had went out for a bit and while it was out her cell phone would not to work. When she is at home or the senior center her cell phone tries to work via wifi and this can be problematic. Larry previously tried to fix the problem, he knows what is wrong but there does not seem to be anyway to fix it with her current phone. Recently we replaced our cell phone so Larry told her he would come down and change her over to our backup phone and that would fix it.

This morning when I got up we headed to Round Rock. Larry had to reset our backup phone back to its original state and then put in the sim card from Louise's phone. Then he had to load the programs she uses and configure them. Like any electronic project it takes longer than it should because problems occur. He had a tremendous problem getting Yahoo Mail to work. Yahoo kept sending e-mails to a email address that was incorrect. He finally figured out a way to get it working. He got everything working as it should and she can now reliably make cell phone calls from the house. 

Her home phone had also stopped working again so he made a couple of changes and it is back working. Next he worked on her security camera monitor. The cameras have a microphone built in and she wanted to be able to hear traffic going by. It took a bit of experimenting but Larry was able to get it to work. Not sure why she wants the hear traffic, most folks don't want to hear cars going by. 

While Larry did the electronic projects I played with Alice and worked on Louise's jigsaw puzzle. For lunch I cooked up some French toast sticks and served them with syrup. For dessert Louise had made peanut butter cookies. We had a very nice visit.

 

Visiting Alice

We got home around 4:00. Larry checked his e-mail. I did Solitaire Daily Challenges and Event: Two Game Tango Mini of 10 games (5 Klondike and 5 Free Cell). It took me 1 hour, 16 minutes and 45 seconds, which put me in 11th place in my group. I also did the Mahjong Daily Challenges.

In the evening we watched the Olympics. When Larry went to bed I watched a couple of episodes of the eighth season of Silent Witness. I ended up doing 27,000 steps, which put me in 6th place in my group.

       

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth