Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, August 12, 2021

Wednesday 8-11 Weekly Mowing

 

Keeping cool with a cold drink

We had a beautiful summer day with a little wind. 

We started the day out by going to town to Dollar Tree to pick up a few things. Before doing that we stopped at the UPS Store. It had been over a week since we had checked our mail. We had a lot of mail, me becoming eligible for medicare has caused the volume of our mail to increase dramatically. Larry had talked to his mother last week and she said she was going to mail our birthday gifts out. This time of year before we go on our trip we celebrate Louise, Larry and my birthdays. Shirley's packages were here, she sent gifts and some goodies (oatmeal cookies, sugar cookies and fudge). We spent the afternoon snacking on the goodies. On the way home we stopped at the storage center to get a couple of items for Larry to use while experimenting with our new portable solar panels.

We attended two virtual square dances. First was Dayle Hodge's Weekly A2 at 11:00. He called four tips of two couples with 17 participants and one four couples tip with 11. We had a great time.

Second was Don Moger's Weekly C1 Workshop at 12:00 for an hour and half, we attended the last hour. Don had 26 participants. Don worked on Rotate, Single Rotate, Reverse Rotate, Single Reverse Rotate, Tally Ho and Little. We had a good time.

After Don's dance I went outside and mowed the front and back yards, it took me about an hour. Larry weedeated and blew off the drive. While I was mowing I saw a couple new flowers in the planter.

Larry worked on cancelling my Affordable Care insurance. According to the website you had to do this before the 15th otherwise we would be billed for September. The website also suggested you call rather than try to do this yourself. He got right through on the phone and a really nice lady helped. It was a bit of a process, took over 30 minutes.

 

Flowers in August

I did my Daily Challenges and Event: World Tour Mini of 10 games. It took me 9 hours, 7 minutes and 27 seconds, which put me in `7th place in my group.

In the evening we watched YouTube videos and an episode of GizWiz. Then I finished the ninth season of Silent Witness. I ended up doing 27,000 steps, which put me in 2nd place in my group.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth