Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, August 5, 2021

Wednesday 8-4 Boating, Dancing, Mowing & More

 

Busy Day

We had an awesome day of doing this and that.

We woke up to blue skies and no wind so we decided to go to the lake. We loaded the boat up, connected it to the truck and off to the lake we went. There were a few vehicles in the parking lot, people were fishing on the banks and dock, a couple of people were kayaking, there was a family tubing, some fishermen and other people just boating around the lake. By the time the boat was launched and I picked Larry up a lite breeze came up. We hadn't used the wake board this year so out came the board. Larry did an excellent set of boarding. When my turn came it took me a few times to get up, this seems to happen to me the first time every year, once I was on the board I did a good set of boarding. During our set we had some boat wakes but overall the water wasn't bad. We floated a little while and then put the air chair together. While Larry was chairing the lake was getting flatter and flatter. When Larry got down the lake was flat enough to ski but I decided to fly the chair. I signaled for Larry to let me down because I thought it was raining, I was mistaken it was just water coming off the rope. After taking the chair apart and putting it away we went back to the ramp. There were two gentleman loading a pontoon boat and the gentleman putting the boat on said this was the first time he put a boat on a trailer, he did a super job, he got it on the trailer the first try. We were right next to them on the ramp and I put our boat on the trailer, the smoothest this year. Once out of the water we wiped down the boat and went home. Larry took a couple of pictures using the cell phone and they came out great. We had a super morning on the Lake Belton.

Living on Lake Belton

Getting ready to go wake boarding

 

Getting the rope ready

We usually dance A2 with Dayle Hodge on Wednesday but we didn't get back from the lake in time. We did make it to Don Moger's C1 workshop at 12:00. He had 25 participants. He worked on whatever C1 moves the dancers requested or had problems with. He called for an hour and a half and we had a great time.

 


 After the dance I mowed the front and back yards. Larry weedeated, blew off the drive and porch and treated for weeds. While I was mowing I treated a few fire ant hills.

 

Hold on tight

After resting and cooling off I did some housework. I cleaned the bathrooms, dusted and vacuumed the house.

Vacuuming the house with my new vacuum

I did my Solitaire Daily Challenges and Event: Hard Road Mini of 10 games. It took me 1 hour, 45 minutes and 47 seconds, which put me in 8th place in my group.

In the evening we watched the Olympics. When Larry went to bed I finished the sixth season and started the seventh season of Silent Witness. I ended up doing 29,000 steps, which put me in 8th place in my with 75,500 steps

 

 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth