Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Monday 8-23 More Trip Preparation

 

Another hot day

We are almost finished with August and we still haven't officially hit 100 degrees. We have been close with 97 degrees. Today we again got to 95.

Larry started the day by replacing the motorcycle battery and putting the bike back together. Afterwards he took it for a ride to make sure everything worked correctly. 

Next up was more RV maintenance, first was the two batteries, had to check the water level and clean the posts, next was checking all the fluids, coolant, power steering, engine and transmission, while Larry was working under the hood he noticed a rubber strip that runs along a piece of trim at the bottom of the windshield had come loose. He removed it and cleaned everything up but will need to pickup a proper adhesive to hold it in place. 

Years ago Larry built a couple of insulation panels for the overhead sleeping area, he made them from blue foam board insulation and to cover up the blue he glued a cloth that matched the interior to the inside. The glue on one of them was deteriorating and the cloth was starting to fall. Larry removed the panel and re-glued the cloth, looks perfect again.

While Larry did these things I did my games. I did the Daily Challenges and Event: Free Cell Mini of 5 games. It took me 9 minutes and 59 seconds to complete, which put me in 20th place in my group. I also did the Mahjong Daily Challenges.

Then I attended Di Green and Terry McCann's Weekly Plus dance at 11:00. They switch calling the five two couples tips with 28 participants and Di called the four couples tip with 14 dancers. I had a super time.

After the dance I continued getting the Minnie ready for our trip. I made the bed and put more stuff in it. 

In the evening we watched an Amazon documentary called Steep, it was about snow skiing in extreme conditions. It was very interesting. The skiers had great skills. After the documentary we watched an Eagles Concert on YouTube. While we were watching the concert Larry continued working on organizing our photos. I did my steps, which was 27,500 steps. This put me in 2nd place in my group. I continued watching the 14th season of Silent Witness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth