Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Monday, August 23, 2021

Sunday 8-22 Helping Our Neighbor

 

Busy Day

We had a busy day. 

We started the day out by washing the Minnie. It was filthy and there were a lot of bugs that were difficult to remove. Larry climbed up on top of the roof and scrubbed it. Afterwards he climbed down and started washing it from the back to the front. I joined him after I had breakfast. After washing the Minnie, I dried it and Larry cleaned the wheels and hubcaps.

While Larry was washing the Minnie our neighbor Jason came over to ask Larry if he could help him with a project. Jason and his family are suppose to close on their house this Friday and the inspection is tomorrow. On the back porch they have a sink and the wall behind it that is suppose to be tiled was unfinished, Jason wanted to cover it up. After washing the Minnie Larry cut a board the size of the hole and put it in. It was a bit tricky because there were two electrical outlets that had to be cutout. I helped Larry by holding the board when he was cutting it. When Larry was finished with the project Jason was very pleased. He just had to paint the board.

I had to leave before Larry was finished to attend a virtual square dance at 12:00. Darren Gallina moved his Thursday Mainstream/Plus dance to today to celebrate National Tooth Fairy Day. He invited Di Green and Terry McCann to come and call with him. Di and Terry dressed up like fairies, they wore square dancing dresses, wings on their back and had a wand. They looked cute and surprised both Darren and his partner Tom. Darren called one tip of mainstream and one tip of plus. Terry called a mainstream tip and Di called a plus tip. We had 36 participants. Which is great considering it was 10:00 am on a Sunday in California where Darren and Tom are. Each tip had a pattern song and a singing song. I had a great time.

 

Celebrating National Tooth Fairy Day

I did the Daily Challenges and Event: Two Game Tango Mini of 10 games (5 Free Cell and 5 Tri Peaks). It took me 6 hours, 5 minutes and 20 seconds, which put me in 20th place. It took me so long because I forgot to log out when I helped Larry and attended the dance. I also did Mahjong Daily Challenges.

After the dance Larry was going to take the motorcycle for a ride but it wouldn't start. The voltage of the battery was good but it wasn't getting power to the electrics. He tore the bike apart looking for the problem. Everything tested out fine, finally he hooked a jump pack up to the battery and it worked. Apparently even though the voltage of the battery checked good the moment a load was put to it it failed. He found a battery on Amazon but it would not arrive before we were going to leave. He found one locally at Batteries Plus. Can you believe they are open on Sundays until six. We went to Temple and picked it up. It is a brand new battery and was shipped to them without acid so they had to fill it and then it needed charged. Larry told them he could charge it but that meant he will have to wait until tomorrow to install and test it.

While Larry was trying to find the problem on the motorcycle I put some food in the Minnie for our trip.

In the evening we watched an Amazon documentary called Bigger, Stronger, Faster. It was about the use of anabolic steroids as performance-enhancing drugs in the United States. It was interesting. Then I finished watching the 13th season and started the 14th season of Silent Witness. I ended up doing 25,000 steps, which put me in 1st place in my group for the week with 190,252 steps.  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth