Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Sunday, August 29, 2021

Saturday 8-28 Not in Texas - Del Norte Colorado

 

Awesome Day

We woke to a beautiful day. I rolled out of bed a little early because we wanted to get an early start, today's drive was going to be about 330 miles. A couple of our neighbors left before sun rise, I heard them leave around 6:00. A few more left a bit later.

We had breakfast and put things away. We left a little before 8:00. Before leaving we put some money in the donation box. Good-bye Texhoma Park.

Today our drive was mostly on state highways and took us through parts of three states. Larry drove about seven hours. Somewhere near New Mexico the time changed to Mountain so we gained an hour. The highways took us through small towns, by farmfields and ranches. We drove 75 miles in Texas to Stateline, Texas, where we entered New Mexico. We drove about 100 miles through New Mexico seeing lots of cattle, horses and a few pronghorns. Along the way we stopped for fuel, to stretch our legs and in Trinidad Colorado to have lunch. The drive was very nice.

We arrived at Del Norte City Park in Colorado about 2:00. Del Norte is a cute little park and good for an overnight stay. It doesn't have any hookups but it has bathrooms and it's free. It has a paved walking trail to the Rio Grande River, along with picnic tables and grills and a small play area for the kids.

For dinner Larry barbecued hamburgers. 

 

Del Norte City Park


A cute neighborhood frontyard

I did my Daily Challenges and Event: World Tour Mini of 10 games. It took me 43 minutes and 37 seconds, which put me in 17th place in my group. I also did my Mahjong Daily Challenges.

In the evening we went for a walk around the park, neighborhood and river. Larry walked with me for a bit. During the walk we saw people swimming in the river and tubing. We saw a doe and fawn. After dropping off Larry so he could read I continued walking for an hour. Then I rested and walked another hour. During my first walk I saw the doe and fawn. My second walk I saw a gorgeous buck. By the end of the night I did 25,000 steps, which put me in 8th place in my group. It was a very special evening of walking.

 

Tubing on the river

 

Made it through a little dip

 

The doe and fawn

 

The buck



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth