Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Monday 8-2 HEB and Dancing with the Sundancers

 

Overcast Day

We woke up to an overcast day. Parts of our area had rain. We were going to go to the lake but the weather forecast showed that we may get rained on. Instead we decided to go to town to do a little grocery shopping. 

Due to the rising numbers of Covid and only 32% of the folks in our county being vaccinated we decided to go back to wearing masks while we shop.

Before going grocery shopping we stopped by Dollar Tree to pick up rice rolls and the cookies we like. While there we picked up a loaf a bread. At our Dollar Tree all items are a $1.00 and some are less. Louise said her Dollar Tree has changed and now says a Dollar or More.

Next we went to HEB. Before Covid we did all of our grocery shopping at HEB, when Covid came around we started using curbside delivery and while Walmart did this for free HEB added a charge to each product you purchased and on top of that they added a $5 fee. We also had problems getting a time for delivery at HEB whereas at Walmart we were able to more easily get an appointment. We actually like many of HEB branded products and their in store coupons but we have gotten used to shopping at Walmart and we still occasionally use their home delivery. Today we noticed HEB was busier than Walmart and many of their prices have certainly increased. They have also decreased the amount of stock on some items like soups while adding more prepared foods. For those that prefer a cashier over self checkout they would certainly like HEB, they had lots of cashiers while Walmart always has very few.


Grocery Shopping

When I got home I put the groceries away. Then I attended DI Green's Weekly Plus. She had 24 participants. Terry McCann and Di switched calling the five tips. They cued through out the dance and walked us through problem calls. I had a super time.

While I danced Larry worked on a paper project.

After the dance I did my Daily Challenges in Solitaire and Mahjong. Then I did the Event: Easy Street of 30 games. It took me 1 hour and 28 minutes to finish, which put me in 23st place in my group. I read a chapter of Hannah.

In the evening we went to Sun City to dance with the Sundancers and to Brad Caldwell. The format for the evening was workshop for an hour and a half and then dance. During the dance we had four squares of dancers during the mainstream session, which was an hour. During the plus session we had three squares for a half hour. We had a square for an A2 tip. Brad did an excellent job of calling. We had an outstanding evening of dancing with friends.

When we got home Larry checked his e-mail and went to bed. I finished my 26,000 steps, which put me in 5th place in my group. While doing my steps I watched the last episode of the 3rd season of Jack Irish. Then I started the sixth season of Silent Witness.   

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth