Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, September 17, 2020

Wednesday 9-16 Early Birthday Gift

We had another wonderful day with cloud cover. It was a little warmer today with very little breeze. It got to 91 degrees at the house.

We continued working on building the cabinet for our Cameo. Today we made a shelf with sliding rails that will allow the Cameo to slide in and out of the cabinet. Larry installed the railing under the shelf and it works great. He also installed another shelf above the sliding shelf. He used his pocket hole tool on the shelves and the top. We also made eight shelves out of some 1/4 inch plywood we had laying about, these will hold vinyl, paper products and other supplies. The shelves slide into the grooves Larry made yesterday. Larry had another long day of building the cabinet, I helped when needed. The cabinet is looking outstanding.
 
 
The sliding rails for the Cameo shelf

The sliding shelf

The cabinet waiting for the next step
 

After calling it a day we watched YouTube videos and I played my Solitaire games. I did my Daily Challenges and the Event. Today the Event: World Tour mini of seven games, it took me 10 minutes and 52 seconds. When I finished I was in second place but when everyone in my group finished I ended up in third place. I very rarely get in the top five in my group. This was very exciting.
 
 

While we were working on the cabinet the mailman came by and delivered a package. Larry told me it was my birthday present from Louise, she had given me a gift card for Amazon. I opened it up and it was a Locomotive puzzle made by ROKR. About four months ago I assembled a Air Vehicle ROKR puzzle (with a bit of help from Larry) and had a great time doing it. This one is a train and has more pieces. I think I will have just as much fun assembling it.
 
 
New puzzle

 
At 5:30 we Zoomed into a dance with Ken Burke, there were only about six of us on the call, one of the participants discovered the dance had been cancelled. 
 
At 6:30 we Zoomed into Doren McBroom's weekly C1 dance. We only had fourteen participants, this dance had originally been canceled and then a couple of days ago Doren decided to go ahead with it. Quite probably a lot of people didn't know it was back on. Doren called four tips and everyone had a great time.

After the dance we watched a documentary on Amazon called Idaho The Movie. It was about Idaho and things to see and do in Idaho. Afterwards we watched two episodes of The Yorkshire Vet. When Larry went to bed I started to watch the second season of Hanna. Then I watched an episode of Columbo. I ended up doing 27,000 steps, which put me in fourth place in my group. For the week I have done 79,000 steps. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth