Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Tuesday 9-29 Dentist and Dancing


We had a wonderful day. It was beautiful with a lot of sunshine. Larry woke up to a cool morning in the mid 40's. By 4:00 it was 80 degrees.

Every morning when Larry wakes up he opens the blinds. Today when he did this he saw a raccoon climbing out of the birdfeeder. It's amazing that such a big animal can fit in the feeder. We don't want the feeder to be destroyed so Larry decided to modify it. He put bigger hooks on it so we can easily remove it at night.  

Larry had a dentist appointment at 10:00 to get an impression for his crown. While he was at the dentist I finished reading The Siege Winter by Ariana Franklin. Then I played my Solitaire games. Today it was Tri Peaks Tuesday, which means every Tri Peak you complete you double your points. I did my Daily Challenges and the Event: Tri Peaks Mini of five games. It took me 14 minutes and 33 seconds to complete, which put me in 33rd place in my group. I did a few Tri Peaks games in the Star Club Challenge.

We attended three virtual square dances. The first was Dayle Hodge's weekly Plus dance at 11:00. Dayle had 36 participants for the dance. Larry was still at the dentist when the dance started so I danced the first tip by myself. Dayle called four tips. The third tip was a workshop where Dayle went over half a Run To The Left or Right and other half moves. The reason that people were having problems was because they're not use to those moves. We're use to some of the half moves because we dance upper levels and some of the calls are half a call calls. We had a super time.

The second dance was Di Green's weekly A2 Workshop at 2:45 for an hour. Di and Terry called five tips and had 31 participants. Di's weekly workshops are an hour of A1 and an hour of A2, we only attended the A2. We hadn't danced to Di in a couple of weeks because we were building the cabinet. Di and Terry went over some four couple moves such as Hourglass Circulate, Flip the Hourglass, Mini Busy, Transfer the Column, Crossover Circulate and Out Roll Circulate. The workshop was a lot of fun because Di and Terry cued through the tips, which helped me out a lot. 

The third dance was Don Moger's weekly A2 dance at 6:00 for an hour and a half. We had 68 participants. Don worked on Chain Reaction, Minnie Busy and Cross Over Circulate. We had a great time dancing to Don and other dancers from Japan, The United States, England, Australia and Canada. 

 

 

After Di's workshop Larry submitted our weekly grocery order. It seems that when we order online and have an evening delivery we don't get some items, I guess because they stock overnight and run out by late in the day. There were only two items they did not have and they did not substitute them with other products. Our order came during Don's dance and I put the items away during a tip break. LIFE IS GOOD!!! 

After our last dance we finished watching the first season of Van Der Valk on PBS. Then I watched a couple of episodes of Columbo. I ended up doing 28,500 steps, which put me fifth place in my group.

Relaxing in front of the television

     

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth