Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Sunday, September 20, 2020

Saturday 9-19 Locomotive Puzzle



We had a beautiful day with sunshine and a breeze out of the north. The temperature was very mild, low 80's, it didn't feel like a summer day. 

 
We spent the day outside working on the cabinet. Today Larry built a door to cover the shelves on the left side of the cabinet. He decided to use 1/2 inch plywood for the door, he cut the size he needed using his miter saw and circular saw. Then he installed the door using hidden hinges. This took a while because the directions were confusing and getting everything to line up correctly was difficult. I think it took less time to build and install the drawer which was more complicated and had slides.  Next Larry built a face covering for the drawer. He also installed a pull on the door and drawer. While we were working on the cabinet a couple from down the street came by and visited. We said hi to our neighbors who jog by every morning. The joggers have watched our progress and said the cabinet was looking good. The cabinet is coming a long very well. 
 
 
The door and drawer cover installed

 
After calling it a day we watched YouTube videos. I worked on my Solitaire games. Today was Spider Saturday, which meant that every spider game you completed your points double. The point are only for your stats. I did my Daily Challenges, the Event and Star Club Challenges. The daily challenges have five different Solitaire games, which are Klondike, Free Cell, Spider, Tri Peaks and Pyramid. The event today was Spider Mini of five games. It took me 15 minutes and 39 seconds to complete, which put me 8th place in my group. In the star club challenge I did 7 games in the Hard II level. I can spend hours playing Solitaire on the computer so its good when Larry has a project to work on and I can help.
 
We did our weekly grocery shopping online using Walmart home delivery. It only cost $98 dollars a year and if you want to give the driver a tip you can. By using this program you don't have to leave the house. Last week Walmart improved the program, now we will also save 5 cents a gallon on gas at either Walmart or Murphy gas stations. This is funny because during the Coronavirus we don't drive much so we only have to fill the car every month or two and it only takes about 11 gallons of gas. They also added a Scan and Go program where you can use your phone and as you shop inside the store you can scan your items as you put them in your cart so when you get to the register they are already all scanned in. I don't see where this will help much since you will still need to remove the items from your cart to bag them but time will tell.
 
In the evening I started assembling my new Locomotive puzzle made by ROKR. With Larry's help I got one sheet done and have six more to go. We assembled the back end of the locomotive. The puzzle has 350 pieces on seven sheets of wood and each piece is laser cut. It comes with an instruction book that shows you pictures on how to assemble the puzzle. The pieces fit very snug so you have to be careful not to break the pieces when assembling. We worked on the puzzle about an hour.
 
 
Locomotive Puzzle by ROKR

The puzzle pieces

The section we assembled

 
When we stopped working on the puzzle I decided to make a 1 minute microwave chocolate chip cookie by Emma Goodies. We watched the video on YouTube on how to make the cookie. It's a big cookie but it came out too dry and didn't taste good. I don't know why it came out bad. I tried the cookie twice and both times they came out dry. Oh, well it's always good to try something new.
 
After baking the cookies we watched a couple of episodes of The Yorkshire Vet on Acorn. It is a reality show about two vets in Yorkshire and their everyday routine. It is very interesting. Then I watched an episode of Columbo on Peacock. I ended up doing 23,000 steps.         
  

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth