Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Monday, September 21, 2020

Sunday 9-20 Busy Day

Busy Day

 

Today was a very pleasant day with the temperature in the low 80's. It was breezy all day but we had a lot of sunshine. 

We had a very busy day working on the cabinet. We started by cutting the last few pieces of wood, the back pieces and a front trim piece. Then we put an iron on wood veneer trim on most of the edges. When Larry said he was putting on edging with an iron I thought he was joking, well, he wasn't, that's exactly what he did. The veneer came in a roll and you measure how much you need, then cut it to size. The veneer had glue on the back so you use an iron on high to apply the veneer. Then you roll the strip on the edge of the board. It works great and looks outstanding. The veneer was 3/4 inch wide and some of the pieces are 1/2 inch thick so the veneer will needed to be trimmed to fit properly. After that comes the parts of the project that Larry likes the least, sanding and staining. In preparation of this Larry took the cabinet apart. Tomorrow we hope to start the sanding.

 

Applying the veneer with an iron

    
Rolling the veneer to smooth it out equally


The board before and after the veneer
 

All the pieces of the cabinet waiting to be sanded and stained


We worked on the cabinet until 3:30 and decided to call it a day. We have been chasing a couple of squirrels out of the birdfeeder, Larry set up a camera to keep an eye on them. I have been putting bowls out with some bird food in them for the squirrels but the squirrels are very smart, when they finish eating the food in the bowls sometimes they get into the feeder, if we see them we chase them out. While we were working on the cabinet Larry brought our tablet to where we were working so we can keep an eye on the squirrels. It worked great. I had to chase the squirrels off the railing a couple of times. They run off to the trees and then come back a little while later. I think this is becoming a game for the squirrels.
 
 
One of the squirrels getting ready to climb a tree

 
After calling it a day we relaxed in front of the television and watched YouTube videos. I did my Solitaire games. I did my Daily Challenges and the Event: Hard Road Mini of ten games. It took me 1 hour, 21 minutes and 56 seconds to complete, which put me in 9th place in my group.

On Sunday evenings we usually attend Loren Smith's weekly A2/C1 virtual dance but today we were tired so we passed on it. Instead we worked a couple of hours on the Locomotive puzzle. We assembled the wheels and the side of the engine. There were ten wheels and each one had a few piece to assemble to make them. We had to assemble the wheels to the engine by using a rod. The instruction show you how to do so. In order to get the correct spacing you have to build a tool that measures the spacing. The instructions has pictures of how to make the tool. The locomotive is coming a long very well.
 
 
Five of the wheel we assembled

The other five wheels

What the locomotive looks like so far

We watched a couple of episodes of The Yorkshire Vet, which finished the seventh season. Then I watched a couple of episodes of Columbo. I ended up doing 20,500 steps today, which I missed my daily goal of 22,443 steps. My weekly challenge goal is 175,000 steps I did 176,628, which put me in seventh place in my group.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth