Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Saturday, September 26, 2020

Friday 9-25 It's My Birthday

Happy Birthday

 

It was a beautiful day with a lot of sunshine and the temperature in the mid 80's. Perfect day to celebrate my birthday. I turned 64 today. 

My birthday celebration started out with Larry making me pancakes for breakfast. Then Louise came out with her dog Alice for lunch. We were going to go boating because Louise had not been to the lake all year but the temperature has been near the 70's for a couple weeks and the water temperature has dropped to 72 degrees, too cold for us. As we have gotten older we have become more sensitive towards temperatures. Years ago if the water was 70 degrees we were fine but now we like the high 70's. For my birthday lunch we had a Mama Cozzi's stuffed crust three meat pizza. We hadn't had this brand of pizza in years and it was delicious. For dessert we had chocolate cream cake made by Deutsche Kushe. It was the first time we had this cake, it was very rich and very good. I can't resist anything with chocolate. After lunch it was time to open birthday gifts. Larry decided he would celebrate his birthday, which was last month with mine. So we both opened our gifts. We received a lot of wonderful gifts. I had a super birthday celebration with Louise, Alice and Larry.   

 

Birthday lunch


Birthday balloons from Louise

Larry opening his gift pistachios from Shirley

Opening gifts trail mix from Shirley

Alice chilling out

The chocolate cream cake dessert

   

In the morning Larry cleaned the air filters throughout the house. He tries to change the pre-filters every couple of months. Thank goodness he did because they really needed to be cleaned, they had a lot of dust in them. It seems that this house gets more dust than the house in Austin. I use to dust every week but now I dust every two weeks or when I get tried of looking at the dust on the furniture. When we were in Austin I could get away with dusting a lot less. 

I played my Solitaire games. Today was called Free Cell Friday, every Free Cell game you complete you double your points. I did my Daily Challenges. Then I moved on to the Event: Free Cell Mini of five games. It took me 13 minutes and 15 seconds, which put me in 28th place in my group. Then I did nine hard games of Free Cell in the Star Club. 

After Louise left Shirley, Larry's mom called and wished me a happy birthday. She asked about using Zoom so Larry emailed her a link and we were able to see and talk to her via Zoom. Technology can be terrific.

For dinner we had leftovers, pizza, Italian sausage and potato chips. For dessert we had more cake. 

In the evening we attended a virtual square dance, which was Ett McAtee's weekly A2/C1 dance for an hour and a half. This week Jeremy Butler joined Ett and called the dance. They called four A2 tips and two C1 tips. We had 42 participants in the A2 tips and 37 participants in the C1 tips. We had a great time dancing to Ett and Jeremy.

After the dance we watched a couple of episodes of The Yorkshire Vet. Then I watched a couple of episodes of Columbo. I ended up doing 26,500 steps, which put me in eighth place in my group with 111,088 steps.  

 


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth