Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Monday 9-7 Happy Labor Day

Happy Labor Day

 
Happy Labor Day!!! I hope everyone had a great day. We had another gorgeous day with the temperatures in the low 90's and a lot of sunshine.
 

Gorgeous day in Texas

Labor day is a federal holiday in the United States, it is on the first Monday in September, it celebrates and honors the America labor movement and the laborers who contributed to the development and achievements of the United States. 

We celebrated the holiday by staying at home. I watched a couple young squirrels chasing each other around the tree. I have been putting some birdseed in a bowl for the squirrels. I emptied out the bird feeder because what was left in it was mainly sunflower seeds, I put that in a bowl and placed the bowl under the tree where the young squirrels were hanging out. It didn't take long for one of the squirrels to find it. The squirrel ate all the seeds and then left. There were a lot of seeds, I think the squirrel probably had a stomach ache.

 

A squirrel enjoying a free meal

I spent the day playing Microsoft Solitaire games. Microsoft named today as Funday, where the Daily Challenges and The Event games when you complete the games your points are double. This helps your stats. I started the day out by doing my Daily Challenges. Then I moved on to the Event: Hard Road of 16 games. The games were very hard and took a long time to solve. It took me 3 hours, 22 minutes and 14 seconds, which put me in 16th place in my group. Then I do some Star Club games, I completed 10 Free Cell games and 5 Pyramid games.

While I played my computer games Larry worked on a Cameo project. We watched YouTube videos. At dinnertime I barbecued some Italian sausage patties.

We attended one virtual square dance, Ett McAtee's weekly C1 workshop at 6:30. She had 50 participants, she called 5 tips. As with many of Ett's dances it was confusing at times, you weren't sure what she wanted you to do. At the end of the workshop we were stressed.

After the dance we started to watch the fifth season of The Yorkshire Vet. It's a great documentary series about a local vet named Julian Norton and his partner Peter Wright. The series follows the vets through their day to day routine. Then I watched a 2005 movie called The Constant Gardener. The movie was about a British diplomat Justin Quayle, who goes to Kenya to solve his wife Tessa Quayle murder. It was very good. I did 26,000 steps, which put me in fourth place in my group.          


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth