Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Tuesday 9-8 First Day of School

First day of school

 

Today was the first day of school for the local schools. Some school districts gave the parents a choice to send the children to school or go virtually. I hope everything goes well for the children, who went back in the classroom. 

We had a super day. A front rolled in around 3:00, it brought a strong wind with lite rain. 

I started the day out by playing my Solitaire games. I did my Daily Challenges and the Event: Two Game Tango Mini (5 games of Klondike and 5 games of Spider). It took me 2 hours, 42 minutes and 53 seconds, which put me in 25th place in my group. I also did a few games on the Star Club Challenges.

While I did my computer games Larry worked on a Cameo project. We watched some YouTube videos.

We attended three virtual square dances. The first was Dayle Hodge's weekly Plus Dance at 11:00 for an hour. He had 47 participants. Dayle called four tips and walked the dancers through moves we were having problems with. We had a super time.

The second dance was Di Green and Terry's weekly A1/A2 workshop for two hours. For the A1 hour Di had 34 participants and for A2 she had 30. Di and Terry called five tips per hour and in between the two hours we had a fifteen minute break. The workshops are very relaxing because Di and Terry cue the dancers through the moves. It's great to have A1 separate from A2 because some of the dancers only know A1. Those dancers have a chance to keep up their skills and dance. We had fun.

The third dance was Don Moger's weekly A2 dance at 6:00 for an hour and a half. He had 72 participants and called six tips. Don walked us through moves dancers were having problems with. We had a great time.

After the last dance we watched a few episodes of The Yorkshire Vet. I watched a movie on Acorn called Anner House, it was a romantic story of dreams. It was a good movie. I ended up doing 27,000 steps, which put me in third place in my group with 53,000 steps.       

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth