Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Friday, September 25, 2020

Thursday 9-24 Locomotive Complete

Smile and have fun

 

We had another beautiful mild day with the temperature in the 70's. 

We had a busy day of doing this and that. The first thing we did was finish staining the cabinet boards. Yesterday, we did the front and three sides of the boards so we had to stain the back and the bottom of the boards. Larry had put some wood filler in three boards so he stained these boards on all sides. It took us a few hours to finish the staining. 

 

Some of the boards after they're stained


 After finishing up the staining Larry mowed the frontyard. I weedeated and did some edging. After Larry finished mowing he blew off the driveway and porch.

 

Mowing the frontyard
 

After lunch Larry cleaned up the area we stained in and put things away. While he did this I did my Solitaire games. I did the Daily Challenges and the Event: Two Game Tango of 10 games (5 Klondike games and 5 Pyramid games). It took me 1 hour, 45 minutes and 37 seconds to complete, which put me in 20th place in my group. It took me a while to finish the fifth game of Pyramid. 

Larry also started to review the Traffic Master Weight Room Rubber Tiles from The Home Depot Seeds Program. The tiles are very well built and easy to assemble together. They're made out of 75% post industrial recycled rubber including from Nike footwear. Larry put it together in the garage because they have a strong smell to them. Larry was going to install them in his workroom but are not soft and they smell. The tiles look great.

 

The Traffic Master Weight Room Tiles

The tiles assembled

 I did some housework while Larry did the Seeds Program review.

 

It's time to do housework

 

In the evening we attended two virtual square dances. The first dance was Jeremy Butler's weekly A2/C1 for an hour at 6:00. We had 28 participants for the A2 tips and 26 participants for the C1 tip. Jeremy called four A2 tips and one C1 tip. The more we dance to Jeremy the more complex he calls. We find that we're getting use to our phantoms so it's getting easier. Jeremy is a very good caller and we had a great time dancing to him and with other dancers around the world.

The second dance was Michael Levy A2 for an hour at 7:30. We had 18 participants. We had a few dancers having troubles so Michael had to walk us through some moves. Michael is calling more vanilla calls because of the abilities of the dancers. Michael is a good caller and we have fun with him.

After the dance we completed the Locomotive puzzle. It took us about 9 hours to complete. It came out super, you can even wind it up and it will travel across the floor. It was a lot of fun putting it together. 

Completed Locomotive

After finishing the puzzle we watched an episode of The Yorkshire Vet. Then I watched an episode of Columbo. I ended up doing 21,500 steps, I made my personal goal but I ended up coming in 9th place in my group with 84,500 steps for the week. I probably will not get to 175,000 steps this week because I'm 15,500 steps behind.
 

 

 

2 comments:

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth